Visual Basic 6.0

Is Visual Basic Easy.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
I intend learning Visual Basic 6.0 (VB).

But there are a few things that I need clarification on.

I know Only " C " .

Are there any languages that I should know before learning VB.I mean as a base that would help me understanding VB better.

Please do tell me what you think is it the right time or am I just hurrying up.

Also please vote regarding how difficult it is .

Regards

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Also can I do it on my own refferring to some the books that are there in my collge library or do I need to go these classes i.e. Aptech or NIIT

aadipa

Padawan
You may try ur hand at Basic to get used to syntax of VB

but VB is such an easy IDE that anyone who knows just p of programming will work on it.

just start to learn some DBMS topics and softwares like Oracle or MS-SQL (MySQL if u want free ;) ) to increase ur productivity in VB.

Best of Luck :)

rajesh

Journeyman
U dont know need to any programming language to learn VB 6.0. Just get any decent book and you can quickly learn it.
VB 6 is one of the easiest to learn.

If possible after learning VB 6.0 to a good level, migrate to VB.NET. After all that is the future.

qarch

Going green anyone?
If you are really interested in VB, I suggest you start with quickBasic or QBasic. Get the hang/mastery of how the Basic language is. Then switch over to VB where your main task will be the windows (all kinds).
BTW, if you know "C" why not go for Visual C++ or #? Then you will only require the mastery of the visual components of the language plus the ++ or # part.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
VB6 is easy and I agree with @rajesh... Migrate 2 VB.NET because that is a sure shot help in the future
Search the internet for VB eBooks or Tutorials or get a good book from your news stand..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom