Vista X64 is better for Gaming than Vista x86 for people with 64bit cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Hey guys,
Yesterday me and my brother got our hands on Windows Vista Ultimate X64 and installed it on the following config
1.VGA-XFX geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB
2.MOBO-P5N32E-SLI(680i SLI)
3.Soundcard-Supreme FX(ASUS)
4.RAM-2 GB Dual Channel
5.Hard Disk-250 GB Sata Seagate
6.DVD writer-Sony AW-G170S Sata
7.CPU-Core 2 Duo E6600
After that I loaded the system drivers today after downloading them at night.And guess what it loaded at blistering speed I mean no more waiting for the icons to rebuild and no more time taken for Sidebar to load.I have also applied the microsoft reliability and performance patches.Out of curiosity I installed Lost Planet EC to see how it ran.And guess what again I got a FPS gain of more than 7 on Vista 32 bit I used to get 43 odd withe every thing turned to max but with shadows turned to second best(High)instead of DX10
note that fur and filtering were turned to DX10
Now in windows vista I am getting 51 odd fps with the default benchmark(I have applied the latest patch for LPEC)
The drivers used were the following
Chipset-Nforce 15.08 WHQL
Gfx-169.69 WHQL
I am yet to run other games but will run them soon and i am really looking forward to running crysis on vista x64 as it says that it's gonna gain 15-30% performance gain for dual core 64bit cpus on vista x64

neerajkumar_4

Journeyman
quadroplex780 said:
Hey guys,
Yesterday me and my brother got our hands on Windows Vista Ultimate X64 and installed it on the following config
1.VGA-XFX geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB
2.MOBO-P5N32E-SLI(680i SLI)
3.Soundcard-Supreme FX(ASUS)
4.RAM-2 GB Dual Channel
5.Hard Disk-250 GB Sata Seagate
6.DVD writer-Sony AW-G170S Sata
7.CPU-Core 2 Duo E6600
After that I loaded the system drivers today after downloading them at night.And guess what it loaded at blistering speed I mean no more waiting for the icons to rebuild and no more time taken for Sidebar to load.I have also applied the microsoft reliability and performance patches.Out of curiosity I installed Lost Planet EC to see how it ran.And guess what again I got a FPS gain of more than 7 on Vista 32 bit I used to get 43 odd withe every thing turned to max but with shadows turned to second best(High)instead of DX10
note that fur and filtering were turned to DX10
Now in windows vista I am getting 51 odd fps with the default benchmark(I have applied the latest patch for LPEC)
The drivers used were the following
Chipset-Nforce 15.08 WHQL
Gfx-169.69 WHQL
I am yet to run other games but will run them soon and i am really looking forward to running crysis on vista x64 as it says that it's gonna gain 15-30% performance gain for dual core 64bit cpus on vista x64

There are lots of issues with Vista(may be not for me n u) but for others.. and 64 bit has more driver prbs few games and few software give odd problems..

My bioshock on vista is working gud!!

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I am thinking of sticking with XP but I read somehere that DX10 cant be installed on XP??

Is it true? If yes then its lame that for DX 10 gaming you have to get Vista wtf :$

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah, DirectX 10 is exclusive for Vista. For now.

There is a project going on to port Dx 10 to XP, but it'd get a Cease and Desist letter the day it comes out, am sure of it.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
neerajkumar_4 said:
There are lots of issues with Vista(may be not for me n u) but for others.. and 64 bit has more driver prbs few games and few software give odd problems..

If you have a 64bit CPU with more then 1 GB RAM, then Vista X64 is recommended. Vista X64 comes with thousands of drivers by default & chances are that u will get a proper working driver for your hardware by Windows Update.

U can also check for Windows XP X64 drivers for your hardware if available from the manufacturer. Keep in mind that sound card & graphics card drivers of WIndows XP X64 will not work in Vista X64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom