vista v/s sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

santoshkumarbp

Right off the assembly line
hi guys
i have installed the win vista ...but sound system not at all respounding :(

i tried installing the drivers REALTEK HD AUDIO driver from the

mother board all so downloaded the realtek audio driver 4m intel site ........but all not working

:-| vista is 2 good friend can all one help 2 anjoy wounder full vista

please help :cry:

OP
S

santoshkumarbp

hi guys
i have installed the win vista ...but sound system not at all respounding :(

i tried installing the drivers REALTEK HD AUDIO driver from the

mother board all so downloaded the realtek audio driver 4m intel site ........but all not working

:-| vista is 2 good friend can all one help 2 anjoy wounder full vista

please help :cry:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I also faced the same problem in my Asus P5GL-MX mobo. There was no sound after installing Vista.
When I checked the drivers in Device Manager, I found that Vista automatically installed the drivers. But for some reason, they were not working!
Then I removed them and run the Drivers setup in compatibility mode and after a reboot Vista installed the drivers and now I can hear the sound. :D

OP
S

santoshkumarbp

Vishal Gupta said:
I also faced the same problem in my Asus P5GL-MX mobo. There was no sound after installing Vista.
When I checked the drivers in Device Manager, I found that Vista automatically installed the drivers. But for some reason, they were not working!
Then I removed them and run the Drivers setup in compatibility mode and after a reboot Vista installed the drivers and now I can hear the sound. :D

thank vishal gupta .............

assasin

Banned
@Vishal Gupta But Asus has already released Vista drivers for its mobos on its web site.So why r u using drivers in compatibility mode.

@santoshkumarbp Realtek has released drivers for windows vista.
*www.9down.com/story.php?sid=8201

shaunak

Tux Fan
I also faced the same problem with my intel board.

My soln:

> Get the chipset setup from intel/amd.
> Run the setup
> Reboot
[these steps cause vista to detect the sound device, if it was not correctly detected earlier.]

now just:
> Let vista update.
> vista automatically gets the drivers from windows update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom