Status
Not open for further replies.

sarosh

Journeyman
Hi,
I have some questions related to vista.

1) What is the most convienient way to shut down vista? Can I make a batch file and place it into on of my index locations and then I just type its name and hit enter and vista will shut down?
My keyboard has a sleep buttong, on xp I could configure this sleep button to power down my pc, but in vista I can only use this sleep buttont to put vista into sleep/hybernate.
So any tips about the best way to shut down vista with the least number of clicks and key presses?

2) I have a mouse with 9 buttons, I have configured some of them as below.
Left Click - Default
Right Click - Default
Scroll Wheel - Default horizontal/vertical scroll (not configured the press of the scroll wheel because it might make it loose)
There are 2 buttons on the left side surface of the mouse, one of which I configured as Alt+F4 and the other I configured as the vista 3d flip.

In addition to these, there are 5 more buttongs on the top of the mouse, one is a nicely placed play/pause button. 2 are for volume+/- and the other 2 are for next/previous tracks.

These buttons on the top of the mouse are the most ergonomically placed, but unfortunately their functionality is totall wasted on the multimedia functions. I want to configure thse buttons.
The updated driver from the website only allows me to configure the buttons on the left surface of the mouse.

Another software named x-mouse Button Control version 1.37.0 also allows configuration of mouses with 5 buttons, but this one has 9 buttons and so I need a software that hopefully allow me to configure all these 9 buttons to some useful functions instead of wasting them on play/pause etc.

This is the mouse I have got: *entercircle.com/Products/productdetails.aspx?Productid=3

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
What is the most convienient way to shut down vista
Download this: *www.vistastartmenu.com/features.html

You can even quickly shut down or restart the computer using the keyboard, by using shortcut keys. EVERYTHING is much easier. Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the menu and then press the key corresponding to the desired operation. For example, press F3 to switch the user or F8 to shut down the computer. Power buttons are also available in the menu and you can easily access them with the mouse.

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Excellent program, thanks for the link.

If anyone has any clue how to configure a mouse which has 10 bottons, that would help me too.

Thansk agian.

goobimama

 Macboy
What mouse is it? If Logitech then it should ship with its configuration program.

Kithe re, tuka gomna itley? Ghoddo re tu? Goikaranchi loz kortai moreh. Bhaaand kohem. :D

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Kithe re, tuka gomna itley? Ghoddo re tu? Goikaranchi loz kortai moreh. Bhaaand kohem. :D
Offtopic : lol after a long time im seeing konkani in this forum :D ..lets see if I can recall some konkani words :p

Kithe re - what man(dude?!!)
tuka - you
itley - here(?)
rest hard for me to understand :p

@Goobi.. is Goan konkani much different that whats spoken in costal karnataka? I could understand only a few words :D

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Lol gobimama, ofcorse I know how to shut down my pc, i Just want to know the fastest and most convienient way:)
*entercircle.com/Products/productdetails.aspx?Productid=3
And this is my mouse model.
Using the drivers I can configure 3 buttongs, but I want to configure the multimedia buttongs too.

Gobimama, dev wodle karu!!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Powerpro - This app will solve both your problems.

Though its a powerful powerful application. All the features can get overwhelming. U can configure the use of your mouse buttons. And u can certainly find ways to shutdown ur pc (keyboard shortcut/mouse gesture/docking button)
u name it. this app has it.

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Powerpro is a nice program, but I think it only allows configuration of upto 3 mouse buttongs.
I already have a program that has allowed me to configure upto 5 buttons on my mouse,but I still have 5 extra multimedia buttons on my mouse which are set to play/pause volume up/down, next/previous track by default.
I want to change these multimedia buttons on my to somet useful actions.

If this is possible by powerPro and if you know how to do it then please kindly guide me, because there seem to be tons of options in that program.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Edited:
There is a mousetrap plugin that cld do the job..
download link ;)
WArning: u may get a headache, figuring it out all :(

OP
S

sarosh

Journeyman
Ill try that out on the weekend, lol.
Thought there would be an easier way though.
I've aleady got a software that allows me to configure the 3 programmable buttons, maybe i'm being too greedy and want to configure the multimedia buttons too.

This software even allows me to have profiles for various applications.
For example in adobe dreamweaver i've configured the 2 buttons as copy and paste, and in normal vista explorer ive configured the buttons as close and alt+tab.

I think all mouses shold have atleast 1 or 2 extra buttons near the thumb, it adds whole new level of ease to navigation and other tasks.

Thanks for the help though, I just thought maybe there was an easier way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom