Vista SP1 to hit Windows Update Tuesday, reports say

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Microsoft will release Windows Vista Service Pack 1 next week to a wider audience, according to information posted on Amazon.com and reports from a Web site that correctly called SP1's ship date last month.

Amazon currently lists Vista SP1 retail copies as available next Wednesday, March 19, while TechARP.com, the Malaysian Web site that nailed the update's release to manufacturing (RTM) date several days early, said users would be able to download SP1 starting Tuesday, March 18.

Source

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
thats nice....

but i cant dl and use it .... it will kill my crackkkk :-D/// :-D

There are nothing to worry about the cra** if u used the right one! SP1 cant kill all cra** I am using SP1 slipstreamed by me using Windows AIK with no issues and it is just great. :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
Some Precautions To Take :
If you have a prior version of the SP1 beta installed, you must uninstall it.
Backup your data.
Laptops must be plugged in to an AC power source.
Run Disk Cleanup. A minimum of 7 GB free disk space on the boot partition, which contains the Windows operating system files, for x86-based operating systems and a minimum of 12 GB free disk space for x64-based operating systems.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
A minimum of 7 GB free disk space on the boot partition, which contains the Windows operating system files, for x86-based operating systems and a minimum of 12 GB free disk space for x64-based operating systems.
So it will take that amount of space :D

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
You guys are here only to spread piracy.Stop discussion about piracy.Visit www.askfororiginal.com to know the advantages of using genuine software.
If you use in-genuine software this'll make in-genuine in your real life

Haha... Jugnu ji I use genuine Windows Vista :) Check my sig :p

I asked this "@anandk- Can I slipstream the SP1? By hook or by crook?" because MS does not support slip streaming.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Haha... Jugnu ji I use genuine Windows Vista :) Check my sig :p

I asked this "@anandk- Can I slipstream the SP1? By hook or by crook?" because MS does not support slip streaming.

Ok I thought it otherwise (by hook or by crook :D)

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@anandk- Can I slipstream the SP1? By hook or by crook? :D
Though this question is not meant for me, I am not reluctant to answer this. :)

I already did a slipstream with my Vista DVD and SP1 RTM by using only Windows Automatic Installation Kit freely provided at Microsoft site to safely deploy Windows Vista and Server 2008.

I think this is not going to be illegal as long as I am using the slipstreamed copy only for myself. :)

Anyone can do it after downloading the SP1 when it will be publicly available. :D

narangz

Web developer
Though this question is not meant for me, I am not reluctant to answer this. :)

Thank you. Really appreciated :)

I already did a slipstream with my Vista DVD and SP1 RTM by using only Windows Automatic Installation Kit freely provided at Microsoft site to safely deploy Windows Vista and Server 2008.

Its 1.2 GB! :( However I shall try it. Can you please explain how to slipstream?

EDIT- It seems it will create an image of the installation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom