Vista Sidebar & Power Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

narangz

Web developer
Hi!
I want to remove the greyish/blackish effect in the Vista sidebar area. Is it possible?

Secondly my laptop Compaq V3425AU shows the battery power remaining in percentage only. I want it to show the remaining time also. Please suggest some way.

Thank you!

legolas

Padawan
I am afraid, to my knowledge, the first query would not be possible, as the sidebar itself is a gradient of black fading to background, and it doesn't have any other in-built options.

regarding your second query, I am again afraid, Vista's option doesn't help you much in that regard. May be you have search your manufacturer's website for additional drivers that lets you override the controls for battery and hopefully provide you with those options.

I am sorry I couldn't be of much help here...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hello, do you mean you want to see like this bellow screenshot image ??

*img301.imageshack.us/img301/4426/10537819vk6.jpg

legolas

Padawan
yes, exactly, how can we do that??
EDIT: I guess it comes automatically when the power goes off and the % declines to < 100%. I just recollected seeing the time when my laptop was out of power too...

Last edited:
OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
So isn't it possible?

This is what i get:
*img102.imageshack.us/img102/9518/powerzn8.jpg

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ For changing the background color, you'll need to edit sidebar.exe file and change the required resources. Otherwise you can use following software which can easily change the background:

Windows Sidebar Styler: Tweak Windows Vista Sidebar Functionality

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Thank you for your reply, Sir. :)

I haven't tried it yet. I shall reply when I try it.

UPDATE-
It doesn't help :( This is what I get:
*img505.imageshack.us/img505/7645/capgm2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom