"Vista Shows Better Security Than Mac OS X does"

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Max Caceres, director of product management at Boston-based Core Security Technologies, which develops network- penetration testing software called Core Impact' says that Microsoft Corp. uses more advanced security techniques in Windows Vista than Apple Inc. uses in its operating system. Mac OS X “is still a little immature in terms of security compared to Vista,” he contends.

source : computerworld

this is a news/study item hence posted here; mods may if they wish, move it to the fightclub :rolleyes:

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/SigBar.gif

goobimama

 Macboy
Ya... this one's going down for sure. I'll just play spectator... don't want my precious goobimama id to get deleted...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kya yaar aaplog ban k dar se iss forum ka maza khattam kar rahe ho ....

well im waiting for my 2 good frenz whom i wont name to reply to this fact and then we will see whr this topic is headed

praka123

left this forum longback
:DFuture service packs of Vista makes it virus proof,sturdy Operating System.All Macintosh,BSDs,Linux,Solaris etc users are dumps,they simply are lieing that UNIXens are very stable and virus less(if not virus proof).and there users are !9iots eh?
ZOMG,Vista guys,what about the incorporated DRM digital restrictions management function-do you people all liked that?why there were no one talking about DRM?Is your PC definition ends with Gaming only?:eek::eek:
Macintosh users,you are not l*sers,l*sers are ya u ppl knew :shutup`ed:

all operating systems other than the ones from microsoft are waste,if not we will put such propaganda's and we will make our users fanboys-the gr8 cyborg,father of *BORG*

rajasekharan

Youngling
Another micro product . Another war . . . Heh ,its just an o.s after all :). No big thing for me ,if it become success i will just , you know , pirate it ;-). Lol . . Ok , lets start a war ;-). I will choose to be a paladin this time . With piracy as aura . . .;-)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
anandk said:
Max Caceres, director of product management at Boston-based Core Security Technologies, which develops network- penetration testing software called Core Impact' says that Microsoft Corp. uses more advanced security techniques in Windows Vista than Apple Inc. uses in its operating system. Mac OS X “is still a little immature in terms of security compared to Vista,” he contends.

source : computerworld

this is a news/study item hence posted here; mods may if they wish, move it to the fightclub :rolleyes:

*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/SigBar.gif
LOL! :lol: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Some people think their opinions matter - but they actually don't. Just look at the number of viruses already out there for Windows Vista and it was just released two days ago. Now look at the amount of malware for OS X which was released more than five years ago and has had five major releases - with a sixth one coming soon.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
aryayush said:
LOL! :lol: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Some people think their opinions matter - but they actually don't. Just look at the number of viruses already out there for Windows Vista and it was just released two days ago. Now look at the amount of malware for OS X which was released more than five years ago and has had five major releases - with a sixth one coming soon.

Hmm..not again! ;)
If Mac is just as common as Windows, there would be "n" number of malwares for it too. Mac is so less popular compared to Windows that hackers are not interested in twisting their brains to that extent. Remember what hapnd to the guy who put his Mac on network and started saying to hack it if possible. It was hacked in just 30 min of time!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^ Totally Agree (Even though I do not want to get in a Win vs mac brawl)

But again its too early to comment on security levels of Vista and with OSX 10.5 closing in we might see a clearer picture by the end of 2007...

goobimama

 Macboy
Picture this: You are a virus writer. Fresh out of the block. You want to become famous. Would you go ahead and write the 115467th virus for windows? Or the first real one for a Mac?

[...and I said I would just be spectator. Can't help it. Once a Mac fanboy, always a mac fanboy...]

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
goobimama said:
Picture this: You are a virus writer. Fresh out of the block. You want to become famous. Would you go ahead and write the 115467th virus for windows? Or the first real one for a Mac?

[...and I said I would just be spectator. Can't help it. Once a Mac fanboy, always a mac fanboy...]

Most of the Virus aren't ment for getting famous! It's for stealing information from the victim's PC. Imagine I would write a virus for Windows. Certainly I am not goin to bla bla to everybody that I am the creator!
Ethical hacking is the way for getting famous. They hack and also let the world know his/her hacking skills. And you are doubting hacking a MAC, think again...As I already said, MAC was hacked with in 30 min in network!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
goobimama said:
Picture this: You are a virus writer. Fresh out of the block. You want to become famous.

Virus writing is not going to make anyone famous, it will make him infamous. In special cases it might even land the writer in jail.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mav3 said:
well im waiting for my 2 good frenz whom i wont name to reply to this fact and then we will see whr this topic is headed
:D One is already here, spreading FUD

arya said:
Just look at the number of viruses already out there for Windows Vista and it was just released two days ago.
We Windows users really don't know of such virus for Vista just after 2 days of relesing. Plz provide the source & name of the viruses out ther for Windows Vista in just 2 days

oh & by the way, i have never sen a virus writer coming in front & telling his name that he made a virus

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Kiran_tech_mania said:
. Remember what hapnd to the guy who put his Mac on network and started saying to hack it if possible. It was hacked in just 30 min of time!

I wouldn't have replied in this thread, till I read this. Did you read anything about it? Go search for it, and read all the facts.

His so called 'Mac hack' experiment was dumped.

*blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=152 Here is an article from the same site that reported the hack.

*www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2151455/false-hacking-report-prompts Here is a more detailed explanation.

Basically, the guy created user accounts for hackers, enabled shell access, and then asked them to deface a site. It would have been better if he would have given the admin password, too.

No OS is inherently secure, but generally operating systems based on UNIX are considered more secure than the others.

As for people who says hacking/cracking UNIX based OS'' isn't beneficial, have you ever heard of DVD Jon? Do you know how much money he made by cracking DRM?

Do you realize one of your IDs was banned permanently exactly for this reason?
[/QUOTE]

So, why do people create Viri for Windows? Or creating Viri for windows will give them a lighter sentence?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
well....about time it should be moved to fight club

Here is the FUD

arya said:
Just look at the number of viruses already out there for Windows Vista and it was just released two days ago.
Again, a post without any source, or info.

andy said:
Do you realize one of your IDs was banned permanently exactly for this reason?
It's just an ID, what matters is the flow of water (in this case me) & not the size of ocean (post count etc)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
creating viruses makes 1 famous within their circle ... and 1 of the major reasons is windows wide user base ...

picture this ... how many ppl will get affected by a virus on windows and how many will get affected by a virus on mac .... the same is true y does a bomb blast occur at a place where ppl are more and y not at a place whr ppl are less .... the impact
besides we all know tht thr is no technology tht can be hacked or cracked .... so it wud be a fiction to believe tht the mac or linux cant be hacked ... if the brains start rolling things will happen ... blu-ray is hacked, hd-dvd is hacked almost everything can b hacked ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom