Vista sets 2007 land-speed record for copying and deleting

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
It's been almost nine months since we first reported on Windows Vista's inability to copy, delete and move files without stalling indefinitely, and yet the problem continues.
*regmedia.co.uk/2007/12/20/long-goodbye.jpg
Screenshots relayed this week by two Reg readers say it better than we ever could. "48167 Days and 23 hours remaining," one of them reads. "36843 Days and 0 hours remaining," states the other. Both are Vista's best-faith guesses as to how long it will take to copy data from one location to another.
"I have been experiencing slow copying ever since I 'upgraded' to Vista earlier this year, particularly from USB keys & drives," writes Adrian Procter, the Reg reader who provides Screenshot 1 (right). When Procter tried to create a CD with just 168Mb of pictures, Vista told him it would take more than 131 years to complete the job.

continue

from comments section of article:
"Vista told him it would take more than 131 years to complete the job"

Just in time for the next MS upgrade then!

"Apparently not, as you can plainly see by the enclosed screenshot"

And who told her that it hasn't improved? Without SP1, it might have reported 52837 days and 14 hours remaining!
:D
..and may be the DRM in vista which is resp for all this!as it may be verifying each and every bit of data!

goobimama

 Macboy
When we recently got a new machine, I was surprised that the dealer has put XP on it instead of Vista (I wanted XP anyways). So I asked him the reason for this.

"Array. Almost everyone complains that they have paid for a fast machine but is slower than their older machine. I've had to downgrade so many of them to XP so I have started installing XP to begin with..."

anand1

In the zone
It's not so happened with me. I have been using it on my Laptop for almost 6Months and never ever had such problems. We must follow the system requirements before it's installation and then see the magic 3D look and many of it's features.

axxo

99.9% Idle
When we recently got a new machine, I was surprised that the dealer has put XP on it instead of Vista (I wanted XP anyways). So I asked him the reason for this.

"Array. Almost everyone complains that they have paid for a fast machine but is slower than their older machine. I've had to downgrade so many of them to XP so I have started installing XP to begin with..."

true...and if you tell this MS geeks will tell you to tweak the OS. Why should anyone do this? If vista can perform any better only after tweaking..why dont ms release tweaked version of the same??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom