vista n xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys can vmware or or any other software run xp and vista both ... i mean like vmware givs us linux on windows or vice versa something that givs xp on vista or vice versa????????

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes sir you can do that. vmware can run vista on xp and vice versa. but u need to haf a fairly powerful machine for that unlike other OSs!!!!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmm ... i found MS' virtual pc also ... vmware has benn asking me to register everywhr ... whereas MS satrtd dwnlding.. so me gonna try that lets c ...

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok now i dwnldd virtual pc, it allows me to make a new virtual disk but how do i boot into my hard disk ... im in vista on e: and hv xp on c: how do i access xp thru virtual pc

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
mAV3 said:
hmmm ... i found MS' virtual pc also ... vmware has benn asking me to register everywhr ... whereas MS satrtd dwnlding.. so me gonna try that lets c ...

The official website needs u to register in their site and then download it...But U can Get it FROM HERE

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Create a Virtual OS (Windows XP SP2) by booting into Vista and opening Virtual PC

It will use your Processor and RAM of Host (Vista)
But it will ask you to create partitions for installing XP as Guest

Create a partition
Then install just as you would install XP in a physical Machine

Use your CD/DVD Drive as Virtual CD/DVD by modifying settings of Virtual Guest

You are done

More Info : *www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/support.mspx

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya i kinda figured that out but i want to actually access my xp that is installed on c: ... any way of doing that ... how can i create a virtual drive of an existing physical drive???

@rakesh thanx for the link

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
One question..

I had Vista and Xp. Xp had some probs and I needed to reinstall Xp. Also I didn't want Vista currently. So I installed Xp again and now I can't see Vista Option in the boot menu. I can't even format the drive in which Vista is installed thru XP. I wanna remove Vista. What to do?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the partition shud show up as an unrecognised one in "computer management>disk management" in XP. select and just format it.

if this fails, haf a linux disk (installation/live any one!) in hand. boot from it and format the vista partition and back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom