Vista Home Premium And Scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have a HP PSC 1410 All-in-One, I had to scan a few documents and photos immediately.. The driver was not a problem cause vista detected the printer and installed all the drivers. I clicked on Microsoft Office Document and Scanning Application installed but got pi$$ed off when it asked for outlook 2003 installation files :mad: where as my system came with Office 2007 pre-installed :|. A quick google revieled me that Document and scanning option is available in Business and Ultimate exition :mad: Where as I have Home Premium. How Come there is no inbuilt scanning feature in Vista Home edition.

Windows Fax and Scan, available in the Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, makes it easy to send and receive faxes, scan documents and images, and share those items with others-right from your computer.

I am not sure if Office 2007 has scanning in built.

I have ended up making photocopies of those document and photos.. loss of precious ink.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
yo relax .... i got a 1510 .... faced a similar problem ... go to hp site and dwnld their suite ....

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ yea I have to download that too. But what I dont understand is that why was such a basic but important feature left out of Vista :confused:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Charan

when it asked for outlook 2003 installation files where as my system came with Office 2007 pre-installed .

when you install Microsoft Office you get options such as install all feature in physical HDD or by default it would install only necessary day to day usable features...

this is to save HDD Space..

now when you need any extra feature it would ask you for the installation source to install those...

So it should have been thought on the time of installation :)

as iMAV pointed out u can always use the HP scanning tools :)

@Charan

Did you try Scanning with Windows Photo Gallery ??

Start > Click All Programs > Click Windows Photo Gallery > Click File and then click Import From Scanner or Camera > Import > Click Scan .

??

Not sure but this should work under Windows Vista Home Premium :)

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
You are the man Choto :D .. it worked :D .. I didnt even immagine scanning will be there in Windows Photo Gallery :D

Thanks a ton to both of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom