Vista Final (32-bit) Boot Camp Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*img116.imageshack.us/img116/2048/headeryj3.jpg​

As reluctant as we might be to admit it, we have our reasons for tinkering with Windows Vista behind closed TUAW office doors. Parallels has pretty decent support for it (3D hardware is still a work in progress), though we've been having to search across the vast interwebs for some help on how to get Micrsoft's latest... 'achievement' to play nice with Apple's Boot Camp. Fortunately, someone we only know as Nja247 has posted this walkthrough at a Geocities page that guides Mac users through every step in getting a 32-bit version of Windows Vista running on a Mac. The walkthrough delves into nearly every essential step, including stripping the necessary drivers off the CD that Boot Camp creates because Apple's auto-installer for Windows breaks in Vista.

Don't get the wrong idea though: we still agree with the US National Institute of Standards and Technology in saying no to Vista. Per our duties as card-carrying Mac users and bloggers, however, we still need to tinker with a few things to make sure we're staying on top of what Redmond is up to. Kinda like Ze Frank says: we're testing Vista, so you don't have to.

Source

You can read this if you have any doubts that Vista can be installed and be fully functional on a Mac - complete with support for Aero. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, it is the most crap operating system out there. No wonder people are stupid enough to pay a little premium just to run this crap piece of software. I pity myself and other Macintosh owners. Thanks for opening my eyes!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
finally after so much of typing ... gx's efforts have finally paid off .... :mrgreen:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mAV3 said:
finally after so much of typing ... gx's efforts have finally paid off .... :mrgreen:

lolz...no man :D , if the boy finds Mac good for him, let him use it. All I m saying is to stop acting arrogently & macboyish (which he is). Stop acting & downplaying Windows & Microsoft when Mac & Apple themselves are surviving because of Windows (iPod on Windows machines, Quicktime on Windows machines, iTunes Music store on Windows Machines, Boot camp which will let u install Vista on Mac). Learn something from Linux users, they are learners & know how to colloborate, insted of whining. (well, some still do whine against anything MS)

It won't be long before Apple supports Vista properly via Boot camp. They have to else No one will buy there hardware if they want to dual boot.

Since Core 2 Duo & Core duo in Mac is 64bit capable CPU, you better skip Vista 32bit Editions if you are going to install on Apple hardware. Infact, if you are in the market to buy a new Computer & decide to buy Vista for it, then go for 64bit edition cos the CPU you will buy is going to be a new Athlon64 X2 or Core 2 Duo or Pentium D anyway which are 64bit capable.

arya said:
Not as long as they can run Mac OS X and normal computers cannot. :grin:

Yup, officially we cannot but whose fault is that? PC OEM Manufacturers or Apple for not relesing there OS to install on any PC? People will realize soon that inside the Mac it's just a PC & soon they will want to use this MacOS on other PCs at home too.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Who is talking about whose fault it is? It is a good decision that has harmed their business since time immemorial but has provided their customers with state-of-the-art integration between hardware and software. They could have chosen to go the software only route like Microsoft and made a lot of bucks because of their awesome user interface. But then it would have many of the same problems that Windows users face - and unhappy customers is something Steve Jobs wants to avoid.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that Macs are not going to be like normal PCs as long as they can run Mac OS X and PCs cannot (legally, that is).

Apple couldn't care less about the pirates because they are not Apple's customers anyway.

gx_saurav said:
All I m saying is to stop acting arrogently & macboyish (which he is). Stop acting & downplaying Windows
Say that is front of a mirror with the following alterations:
"All I m saying is to stop acting arrogently & winboyish (which he is). Stop acting & downplaying Macs"
I hope, but do not expect, that you will learn something valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom