Vista: Can It B Loaded On A External Hdd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I have 2 questions:?1. Can I load Vista on a external HDD? (I have 2 external HDD's & I plan to load Vista, beta version, on one HDD & Ubuntu on the other)...I currently use XP Media Center on my main, internal, HDD ?2. What is the difference in Vista RC2 & RTM??Thanks in advance.

overclocker

Journeyman
U can Boot Windows frm an external HDD but for that u need a external USB hard drive.
RC2 means Release candidate 2 he term release candidate refers to a final product, ready to release unless fatal *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_bugbugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.
RTM is release to manfacturing .

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
nishant_nms said:
RC2 is Release candidate 2 and contains few flaws but RTM is release to manfacture and it is perfect
Thanks...oh yeah nice animated pic you got for yourself - neat.
RC2 means Release candidate 2 he term release candidate refers to a final product, ready to release unless fatal *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_bugbugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs. At this phase the product is usually code complete.
RTM is release to manfacturing .
Yes I have 2 seperate external USB hard drives...I was planning on trying out Vista on one and another one with Ubuntu. As I herad so much about Ubuntu I wanted to try it out and the same goes for Vista. I have a friend who can help me with the Vista OS to check it out..not sure if he has RC2 or RTM.

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Vista RTM version is 6.0.6000
where RC2 or beta is lowest than this number. i,e 6.0.5xxx or something.
you can check this with simply using "ver" command in the command prompt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom