vista beta 2 and xp sp3 .-together creating problems. urgent help required !

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i finished downloading the vista beta 2..5384. ..from windows site...i burned a dvd in order to install it...
i have a 80 gb HDD with all NTFS partitions as follows : C -20 GB ..for (Windows xp sp3 )
then D (30gb) - formatted for vista...
and E :(25gb )-all my data

after burning ..the dvd ..ichecked if it was working ..and it was perfectly alright....so i booted from the dvd..and started the setup from the dvd..and installed it on D : drive..after the installation was complete..i was suprised to see that during the windows loading screen there was nothing written (like in xp its windows xp professional..(and theres a laoding going on )
it was only plain loading and nothing like windows vista written..then it asked for user name..and all and for the first time i started vista..
then i tried to use ..it but didnt find it easy..as everything was changed..
** my c partition of xp sp3 ..was being shown as C ..windows vista files..and D had become xp files..!!!
**so i restarted in order to start it again ..i could start xp ..but later when again i restarted to start vista to my suprise..it showed..some file error (oox7 sumthin sumthin )corrupt. file.. .and told to re-install some files using automatic recovery ..tool in the dvd..

one more thing ..is my windows xp sp 3 is created using n lite...and is tweaked..so it has a windows folder..and some some system files on a separate folder called" D " ...
when ..the recovery tool searched for windows ..it gave some errror ..but then started an attempt recovery..it continued for a very long time ..but nothing happened..so i restarted in betweeen..then i tried to load vista but it didnt..so i tried..xp sp3..and it started scan disk..before logging in..and to my suprise..it replaced a more than 1000 files of xp ..in order to start, while scanning..system files..then my xp sp3...started again normally..and now its working fine...but my vista does not boot giving the same error mesage...

what do i do now ???is it due to some conflict between tweaked xp sp3 and vista ??
shud i install first vista and then xp .??
.or shud i install xp on D..and vista on C..??
what do do now for running both of them smoothly...please help me ..i need help urgently..

why isnt anyone replying ???

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Firstly what is SP3? AFAIK only XP SP2 has come out those so called SP3's are either fake/malware/unofficial patches and shouldn't be applied.
As for vista detecting D drive as C. It could be because vista detects root drive as C. So, for each windows installation, the root drive for that windows will be C.
As for the vista error message, please post the error message so the problem can be known.
As for error message and replacing of files in XP. I guess recovery may have replaced slipstreamed files. I haven't tried it myself so don't know much of that.
And I haven't used vista so I can't really know if it causes trouble with XP.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
can any one else help ...i will soon post the error message !

thw windows is sp 2.gold edition oly but is called sp3 cauz it has all hotfixes installed from before and is created using n-lite..

any way the vista boot error is as follows :
info : an unexpected error has ocurred .

so now please some one help me ....

why the hell isnt ay one helping..guys i need u r help .please reply!!

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Please be patient. As and when somebody having a solution drops by they'll will help you.
And remember you are using a beta software. You should always use it at your own risk. Beta softwares are harmful and can even cause unwanted damage.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
admin /mods please delete this thread...problem solved...anyway i dont think theres any geek or helpful person left in digit forums..no ones helping here..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ If your problem is solved, post the solution here so that if anyone has the same problem, he can search for the solution!

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
the only problem was the SP3 ..it had some unattended windows files and integrted hot fixes...so i just did a clean install of a new win xp SP 2 ..one drive and a clean install of vista on another drive..and now its working gr88...alos do use vista boot pro..for better stability..and to aviod booting problems..the link is here..
*www.pro-networks.org/vistabootpro/track/click.php?id=2

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
the SP 3 i used was unofficial..nd..is nothin but sp2 with all hotfixes and updates till date...
vista took almost 6.5-7 gb.. lol .it takes up lotta space but is worth it.specially the 3d aero interface..,speech recognition tool is amazing it opens almost all programs by only speech commands !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom