Vista Banned??????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josan

Gangsta
The prestigious National Institute of Standards and Technology has put a ban on Windows Vista, but that's standard procedure, according to NIST's chief information officer
NIST, which does research and sets standards for things like cryptography for government use, is among several federal agencies that have put a moratorium on the use of Vista. The agencies are taking some time to make sure that the new Microsoft operating system meets their needs.

sabret00the

Youngling
I guess ur source is *infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1724761.cms
Try to be a little more detailed in ur posts and plz provide a valid/known source.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Old news. A lot of American organisations are banning Vista. Guess I was wrong - there are some intelligent people in the United States! :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the bans are mostly because they feel that pumping in so much money first to upgrade their machines and then buying such a costly OS should give them something more for their needs which XP wasnt able to else they shall continue with XP ... sensible move

as it is XP is a very nice OS ... stable, not rigid and user friendly unlike its competitors :mrgreen:

sabret00the

Youngling
^^^ we technicians say that Windows 2000 Pro was designed for Humans,XP was designed for idots,Vista has been designed keeping in mind the Americans..........no offence but they are naturally dumb.They only know only turning switchs on and off........they f#*king buy computers because they can afford 'em and they think a PC can be operated like a TV.Once they buy a PC they realise that its a PC and u need to know hw to operate it........the thing is that if u dont make it easily identifiable then Americans cant use it.Moreover Microsoft is slowly trying to monopolise the market.....1stly its hell expensive to upgrade to Vista,2ndly most computers currently in use are not Vista Capable,3rd Vista has its own driver cache and dosent require 3rd party drivers-hence 3rd party hardware now has be driver signed for Vista (they are justifying this in the name of system stability and compatibility),lastly Vista 64bit edition makes driver signing compulsory or else 3rd party hardware wont even install............discuss:grin:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
sabret00the said:
2ndly most computers currently in use are not Vista Capable

Every computer since Pentium 4 2.4 GHz, Intel 845 chipset or equivalent is Vista capable, but necessarily Aero capable.

3rd Vista has its own driver cache and dosent require 3rd party drivers-hence 3rd party hardware now has be driver signed for Vista (they are justifying this in the name of system stability and compatibility)

So :confused:, is that supposed to be bad?

lastly Vista 64bit edition makes driver signing compulsory or else 3rd party hardware wont even install

Again, so :confused: is that supposed to be bad to have signed & proper drivers

shantanu

Technomancer
what monopoly are you talkign about.. you think this coz Pirated windows is all over india and if everyone uses Genuine ans original then you wont find windows ruling like this... STOP using pirated and then see...

Everybody is in a misconseption about M$ windows Vista...

in my opinion its great and really worth it...

mediator

Technomancer
I agree with @mav3/first para.

sabret00the said:
we technicians say that Windows 2000 Pro was designed for Humans,XP was designed for idots,Vista has been designed keeping in mind the Americans
Nice one!

shantanu_webmaster said:
STOP using pirated and then see
That u'll have to use cracks to activate ur very own original edition after some time! It will urge to phone the company (activation using phone) even when u have been installing the edition on the "same" machine! So stop using pirated edition and see that u'll be spending ur precious,hard earned money more on some expensive international phone calls after some time! I guess its a nice tactic by MS to include stuff like "limited activations" in EULA knowing that people generally dont read such stuff and then indirectly tell/hint its customers to move to VISTA. Quite a monopoly isn't it?

mediator

Technomancer
Thats not cool! Earlier u said I was correct for the same point and now u say its all rubbish?

shantanu_webmaster said:
look !!! i said i understand your feeling.... and i wont justify anything.. coz you are correct
Post #30 => MIcrosoft 's "WE share ur pain" program

shantanu

Technomancer
Vista the best OS

yeah i said becuase i understand a customers pain.. but if you wan tthat when ever you want you can sue M$, its incorrect.. and yes its all rubbish... coz M$ never forced you to buy its products , not it was said that you buy an OEM product and you must ask the OEm manufacturer whose product you are using.. and by the way ,, how can it be proved that you are a AUTHENTIC customer... ? tell me this.. i trust you and there is nothing personal in this and nor anything changes if i oppose you.. :p but the thing is that INDIAN market is full of oem software why???

because: oem software gives 31% of the regualr pricing to the seller.. and Retail software gives only 10%, so for earning more profit the retailers or Shop keepers in India Sell OEM software hence giving you head ache...

Microsoft is not responsible for this.. read the license aggrement... i think you just pressed F8 , without reading the license, nor you ever opened the readme of the CD... did you open it,, i am sure that you didnt... even i never read it, but the fact is that we purchase software with eyes closed and then sue M$, its not like that... purchase retail software (BOX packed) and whenever you go for buying a OS just look that it is OEM or retail.

and I am really very sorry , if i hurted you, i never wanted to...
The world is very BIG and company gives OEM kits to leading companies , its them who sets the activation rules, plus... Microsoft takes OEM activation more serioulsy, coz the key is sticked on the cab. and that becomes the most appropriate reason for pIRACY.... just that...

and i have PM'ed you ... further plz check :D

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
SO, dont u think its all a monopoly then? Tell me if "limited activation" also applies to the same machine, so that I can enlighten my friends and social circle about it and spread the word?

I have been activating Windows on the same machine since 2002-03. I have installed it like 20 times or much more since then. Y the heck the problem is being experienced now when VISTA has been launched? R u sure they r not forcing us, hinting us to upgrade or shell out more money?

And about authenticity, those who use pirated stuff have no rights to make complaints like me. For the rest, the online activation that was going on for the past 4 years + the brown/golden 3d hologram cover + the install of SP2 that can take place afterwards is enough to prove the authenticity.

shantanu_webmaster said:
because: oem software gives 31% of the regualr pricing to the seller.. and Retail software gives only 10%, so for earning more profit the retailers or Shop keepers in India Sell OEM software hence giving you head ache...
And ur precise point is?

shantanu_webmaster said:
Microsoft is not responsible for this.. read the license aggrement... i think you just pressed F8 , without reading the license, nor you ever opened the readme of the CD... did you open it,, i am sure that you didnt... even i never read it, but the fact is that we purchase software with eyes closed and then sue M$, its not like that... purchase retail software (BOX packed) and whenever you go for buying a OS just look that it is OEM or retail.
Microsoft can be and has been sued for several reasons, but I agree we shudn't really purchase a a closed source software with eyes closed. So much for our freedom!

shantanu_webmaster said:
and I am really very sorry , if i hurted you, i never wanted to...
The world is very BIG and company gives OEM kits to leading companies , its them who sets the activation rules, plus... Microsoft takes OEM activation more serioulsy, coz the key is sticked on the cab. and that becomes the most appropriate reason for pIRACY.... just that...
YEa I agree, and its a fact/ a reason that brought me closer to GNU/Linux. And thats y I think the whole world that "blindly" purchases it shud know this!

A little more discussion wud really be helpful for my blog on MS, MS windows. ;)

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
boys don't u guys think it's goin way too far .. control uer emotions dude . .. anyhow . most of us can't use vista owing to it's high req. specification . so wat diff does it make anyhow

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I hv been experimenting with my p.c since a long time...
Every mnth I install a new Linux distro,change the partitions,do lots of other stuff etc..etc
So,if I hv an original XP I wll b handicaped coz I cant change the partition where windows OS resides,morover the activation procedure sucks!!!!

I need to b careful while tampering with system(smtimes u r left with no option but to format...)

Conclusion???
Try to comp switch to Linux slowly......(A pos end jst like every Indian movie)

shantanu

Technomancer
The thing is just for discussion... it ok..
we arent going any far, the reason behind your problem is the official report on piracy @2005 winhec... The key used by most of us is taken away by SPYWARE softwares, under our secret information. now what happens is that the key is legit and it is distributed freely on crack sites, a user uses the key depending on the edition of windows we are using... then the key is used by thousands of people, so after a irregular and improper activations the product and the KEY used is been copied to suspicious list and the online activation is BUAD... this is why a genuine customer faces problems.

then a customer BACKFIRES on M$ , sues the company for privacy and other flaws and for having to spent hundreds in phone calls for activation... so a new tech. is developed now , which is called ACTIVATION by SMS... it will be in use just after SP1 for windows vista , as per claimed, now windows XP will also be upgraded by SP3 , nearly AUG 2008, and it will also be updated with this scheme...

all you have to do is that you got to tell that whether you are using an OEM software or retail.. for checking note the product id in system properties...

xxxxx-oem-xxxxxxx-xxxxx or xxxxx-iii-xxxxxxx-xxxxx

here the first one represents the oem software and the second one can be any no.=iii and its a retail software....

and if you purchased the software and if its retail then you must have got the BIG box, and if OEM a small packet...

you are very frustrated but that is not only reason to SUE M$.. i think you also understand.. and please dont take anything personally... :D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom