Vista Audio problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
Iam using vista RTM version.Iam quite happy with it.But i noticed that it has heavy sound problems.
When i pause any Mp3 file, sometimes it doesnt resume and sometimes it resumes perfectly!! And even if i restart media player,it doesnt play the file(any file). And i have to restart my computer to play any song!
i heard that MS has changed the audio architecture in vista.
i have reinstalled my soundcard drivers(Intel onboard) and i have also installed all the codecs required.Even then it didnt solve my problem.:(
It irritates a lot as i have to restart my computer to a play a song:mad:And vista takes hell lot of time to restart.

What is the solution for this?

Note: THIS PROBLEM IS WITH ALL THE MEDIA PLAYERS OF VISTA(real,VLC,WMP 11etc)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
What code error message is displayed while you try playing the media file? Which WMP version do you have?

OP
shashank_re

shashank_re

In the zone
iam not getting any error code.iam using WMP11.I have this problem even if i play with other media players.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I guess it must be Audio or Video driver problem. You said that u have already reinstalled the drivers. But make sure it must be latest drivers. Check out Intel website for latest driver updates. Also update your Video drivers.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There are no known problems in Vista w.r.t playing the media files. System files must have got corrupted.
Run the command sfc /scannow. Windows will scan the system files and will verify missing or corrupt files. Insert Vista CD if prompted.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes...I have vista running gr8.I hv no problem with audio or video.U better try @kiran.rkk method.Else u can do like this.
Boot the system using vista DVD.selet pair ur computer....than it will show some optins.From there u cann correct ur vista currpt problem.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
shashank_re said:
And vista takes hell lot of time to restart.
Mind posting your hardware configuration? Because Vista is supposed to boot up and shut down faster than Windows XP.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh, that is a pretty under-powered PC. I would suggest you to use XP. Vista is very slow on 512MB of RAM, which you must know by now. And don't enable Aero even if it is available. Or better still, add another 512MB of RAM, they are very cheap these days.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
aryayush said:
Oh, that is a pretty under-powered PC. I would suggest you to use XP. Vista is very slow on 512MB of RAM, which you must know by now. And don't enable Aero even if it is available. Or better still, add another 512MB of RAM, they are very cheap these days.
Well 512Mb of of ram is sufficient for vista.I hv vista running very smooth on 512mb ram.I will also suggest u nt 2 use aero on 512mb ram.
Well u can do 1 thing..update driver...n repair ur vista if problem continues.

assasin

Banned
I'm using Windows Vista RTM too and using Win XP drivers for my onboard sound (Sound Max),but i dont have any probs playing audio/video even when running other apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom