Vista and Xp Both on one pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josan

Gangsta
Hello ,i want to hav both xp and vista on one pc,
i hav allready tried ,by installing xp on C drive and then installing vista on D ,but after instalation vista only vista works ,i hav no past experience with (xp-98 combination)
plz help me

Pathik

Google Bot
install xp on c and then vista on some other drive.. Nd dont upgrade.. Make a clean install..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@josan, if you are using HP Pavilion or Dell PC, then you'll never be able to boot into XP.

the reason - the Recovery Partition

every time you try to boot into XP, it'll show NTLDR missing error, which cannot be resolved unless you delete the recovery Partition.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
s18000rpm said:
@josan, if you are using HP Pavilion or Dell PC, then you'll never be able to boot into XP.

the reason - the Recovery Partition

every time you try to boot into XP, it'll show NTLDR missing error, which cannot be resolved unless you delete the recovery Partition.

No nothing as such happens.
U can easily boot into either of them w/o any problem. Just do a clean Vista install on any of ur available drive.
The only thing that mi8 go wrong is, ur recovery partition wont boot directly by the shortcut method during boot. Every time u need to boot into it, u need to boot into any of the OS n execute the BOOT_DSR file in ur DELL folder in the drive with XP n dat will take care of it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i dunno about Dell, but my HP had problem with Dual Boot.

i was only able to boot into Vista.

all possible methods of resolving "NTLDR missing" error did not work.

OP
Josan

Josan

Gangsta
Thanks you all ,for this help!!!
now m using both vista and xp,
thanks again to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i wonder how come the mods have not yet moved this topic .... hey mods wake up guys this topic is in the wrong section

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
s18000rpm said:
i dunno about Dell, but my HP had problem with Dual Boot.

i was only able to boot into Vista.

all possible methods of resolving "NTLDR missing" error did not work.

There must be a utility to restore ur MBR as one is provided by DELL on their site.
Just use it n ur problem will be resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom