Viruses vs Anti-viruses

What suites best?

• Can't say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For every virus there is a virus definition but you won't find it in oxford.
just a topic to start about virus attacks and their removal.
VIRUS
Definition:
A virus is a computer program that was written to purposely damage computer systems.
Explanation:
Your computer can get a virus from another computer, through modems, networks or disks. You can protect your computer from viruses by using virus protection software, and by only downloading programs from sources you trust

source : *www.tekmom.com/buzzwords/zdvirus.html
Anti-Virus
Definition: "antivirus" is protective software designed to defend your computer against malicious software. Malicious software, or "malware" includes: viruses, Trojans, keyloggers, hijackers, dialers, and other code that vandalizes or steals your computer contents. In order to be an effective defense, your antivirus software needs to run in the background at all times, and should be kept updated so it recognizes new versions of malicious software.
Also Known As: anti-virus, anti virus

source: *netforbeginners.about.com/od/a/g/antivirus.htm

The greatest virus ever : TROJAN HORSE FAMILY
The greatest anti virus ever : Avast, Node 32, Kaspersky
refer : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96171

Last edited:
OP
H

hsr

well you dont have to look at the poll results and say hehehe coz i also votted for bad topic *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/32.png

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Any moment a virus can attack you ...
viruses are perfect programs .....
The greatest anti virus ever : Kaspersky 2009

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Bad topic

Someone makes an OS full of holes while someone else tries to place a sentry/perimeter security at each one of them, and BOTH make a lot of money making you look like a donkey.

acewin

Point Blanc
I say interesting topic, marked my reply. Putting it in here will just make others keep on it, hence not telling what I marked maybe after more users have marked.

chandru.in

In the zone
In a well-designed and maintained platform, there should be not need for anti-virus. Vulnerabilities must be patched as they are being exposed by viruses.

Viruses are great because they expose vulnerabilities. Anti-viruses are worthless. They should all be just patches to the underlying platform not separate software on their own.

OP
H

hsr

Well what about the bios? can it be PATCHED??? and each minute a new virus is being launched... then how the hell are you going to patch every vulnerability?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
No Antivirus; perfectly alright for me. Never use pendrives directly; access files through a lot of care and often use Linux to bypass viruses; autoplay and clean pendrives. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom