Status
Not open for further replies.

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Recenty my windows was affected by a W32:Hidrag virus.I use AVG virus cleaner tool to remove this virus,but in the process of removing this virus it has also removed all the files that are affected with the virus including the windows apps such as regedit,disk cleanup,disk defragmenter etc.Is there any way of recovering these files or should i restore my windows.i am using Windows XP Pro.

Thank U

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Did you perform this cleaning in 'Safe mode'?

If not, then restore your system to condition prior to cleaning, then
Restart Windows in Safe mode.
Now run the AVG scanner. Check out if there is a option in the AVG scanner for kind of action to be taken of infected file.
Set this Priority order of necessary action on file: Clean the Virus>Move to Quarantine>Delete the file.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
sooo all your exe's are corrupted, hahhh.

in this case i would suggest.

complete scan of your PC for exe files (as this is what virus search and eats)
i would've Prefer AVAST Proff. for that. schedule the Boot scan for all drives.
first make the scan settings at max ( scan all files).

dont repair the files, delete them "if found guilty"(depends on you, if they are not sooo important).

format and reinstall the windows.(might sound crazy but this is the only simple way)

in future always use updated antivirus of your choice (use Avast Proff.)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok. Hidrag Virus is also called Jeef. It changes the registry value and sets up its own 'svchost' process.

Solution:

Perform these steps:
1. Restore ur system to time prior to your cleaning operation using AVG tool
2. Download : JEEFOGUI
3. Run this program and click go
4. This program first deactivates the virus, cleans traces of the virus and resets the registry value to original value.

This should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom