VIRUS , VIRUS VIRUS VIRUS!!With LONGHORN!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunwar

In the zone
I recently got longhorn transformatiion pack 10 from a cd from my friend.

it was a cool transformation

but...................

a virus also came..........

named "W32.Pinfi".
follow this link

: *securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.pinfi.html

how do i update my virus definations from my slow dial-up????????

rajas

In the zone
First "Vista Virus" found

Hey ur worried of the virus which came along with the transformation pack. Chk this:

First "Vista Virus" found

An Austrian virus writer has published five simple viruses targeting Microsoft MSH in a virus writing magazine. These proof-of-concept viruses will never became a real-world problem, but the case is interesting historically, as these are the first viruses for a totally new platform.
MSH, or Microsoft Command Shell, is a command line interface and scripting language. It's basically a replacement for shells such as CMD.EXE, COMMAND.COM or 4NT.EXE and will ship in 2006. As a command-line front end, MSH resembles many Unix shells quite a bit.

As MSH (codenamed 'Monad') was scheduled to ship as the default shell for Windows Vista (which went to first beta last week), you could argue that these are the first viruses for Windows Vista. However, it has lately been rumoured that MSH might not ship with Vista at all - instead might be part of Microsoft Exchange 2006 or something. We won't know for sure until later.

The possibility of MSH viruses was forecasted last year by researcher Eric Chien (of Symantec) in his presentation in the Virus Bulletin 2004 conference titled "The return of script viruses - an overview of Microsoft Shell". In his presentation Eric concluded: "While Microsoft Shell is still in development, the current versions have enough functionality to allow a variety of malicious threats including file-infecting viruses".

More from the source: F-Secure

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i think u r useing NAV... now get ur self a free Download Manager the visit this web site to download update... or get this month digit... they a given the update... once u r done... now every 7 days just run the autoupdater (LIVE UPDATE).... it will download new defination... so downloads will be little...

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
i have autopatcher!

i recently ran it.(about 1 day earlier when i GOT the virus.)

did u visited the link provided by me?

OP
kunwar

kunwar

In the zone
saurav_cheeta said:
i think u r useing NAV... now get ur self a free Download Manager the visit this web site to download update... or get this month digit... they a given the update... once u r done... now every 7 days just run the autoupdater (LIVE UPDATE).... it will download new defination... so d
ownloads will be little...

i already have download accelerator plus.

and there r so many updates available on thehttp://www.sarc.com/avcenter/defs.download.html.

which one 2 choose??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom