virus threats:ghost.bat, windows.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarincv

Journeyman
There are files in my computer named ghost.bat, windows.exe and a.htm file in allmost all the folders. These r not detected as viruses in my computer but when scanned in another system having the same antivirus and updates, they are identified as viruses.
I am using AVG 7 and have the latest updates. Plz help me

ashfame

Padawan
avg detection rates are not good.
change your antivirus to either avast(free) or buy yourself Norton 2006.
Although i haven't tried avast but a lot of digit members recommend it.
i have used Norton 2006, its simply superb but a little resource hoggy, it will make your system crawl if your PC don't have >256MB RAM.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Also try *housecall.trendmicro.com with either IE or Firefox (there's no love for Opera in this mean world)

And as far as free AVs go, avast is better than AVG. I'm not a fan of the interface, but it does its job well.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
yeah, Norton 2006 with the latest sigs is the best........

you can also try Kaspersky....many ppl recomend it.........

anandk

Distinguished Member
avg is good. stick to it. try to run ur scan IN SAFE MODE.
additionally, use ewido anti-malware. www.ewido.net
scan with ewido in safe mode.
it shud remove ur Rbot-RB Worm (windows.exe) and other malware.
if itdznt, post ur hijackthis logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for scrutiny.

47shailesh

Security Exp
first of all its not the only duty of Antivirus 2 detect a virus if its cable of but ur OS shud also b up to date so that OS & Antivirus can work in hand to hand to stop exploits. I recommend norton 2006(it simply rocks and if u use Norton internet security no one can easil fork a exploit in ur OS ), karpesky, Panda platinum.

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
Right all these techo people are very much right..But i would like to add a point here is try norton internet security 2006 and zone alarm 6.1 both. Your system will rocks and no one dare to threat u.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kin.vachhani said:
Right all these techo people are very much right..But i would like to add a point here is try norton internet security 2006 and zone alarm 6.1 both. Your system will rocks and no one dare to threat u.
But apart from staying secure, your PC most likely won't be able to do much else. And anyway, won't the two programs conflict with each other?
I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite (v6.1.744.001) and it pretty much does the job well.

sourav_edu16

Right off the assembly line
yaar dost
i got same problem today yaar what happened i think tht's virus day today
plz post reply to me freind if u got solution

VD17

Journeyman
Hmmm.. regarding the antivirus and ZA question... i use ZoneAlarm pro (not security suite.. that sucked) and NAV 2006 with NAV's Internet Worm Protection switched off... Somehow, i dont trust NAV's IWP. This combo does well for my system. I;m running a P4-1.7 with 256MB ram... fairly quick bootup... havent been infected by a virus since ages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom