Virus problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinks

True Techie
I am currrently running win98se as my OS.A virus,which creates three files namely Temp.htt,desktop.ini and WinZip_Tmp.zip
in every folder. I don't have any Antivirus software in my system, and now,i can't install any antivirus coz of that virus! How can i get rid of this problem?

Thank u in advance!

rajas700

Youngling
About Desktop.ini :

Desktop.ini is used to tell Windows how to display a folder. For example, enabling Thumbnail view creates a desktop.ini file in that folder which amongst other things, tells Windows to add an extra item to the View menu for that folder. Desktop.ini files are also used when you customize folders, change their icons etc.so problem with that.

About Temp.htt

It is worm morm detail's look in:

*us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=138027

About WinZip_Tmp.zip : *www.nod32.com.mx/home/noti.php?id=0000000078

U HAVE SAID THAT U DONT HAVE ANTIVIRUS PLZ ATLEAST INSTALL FREE ANTIVIRUS.

phatratt

In the zone
i think its a virus named redolf or something similar,it affects the three above mentioned files,even if u delete the files they will regenerate themselves since they are not removed from registries.

[A]bu

Journeyman
if regedit or taskmanager didn't worked or files can't be deleted then use any other processer and end task the virus. And you can delete it...

anandk

Distinguished Member
great info here *msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2006/01/24/81725.aspx

go into safe mode and scan ur pc with ur av. also clean it with ccleaner.
additional download a nyxem removal tool from anyone of these :
*www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-1000060-en--Win32.Nyxem.E@mm.html
*wirusy.antivirenkit.pl/en/szczepionki/Nyxem.html
*www.zdnet.de/downloads/prg/9/b/de1Q9B-wc.html

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
nithinks said:
I am currrently running win98se as my OS.A virus,which creates three files namely Temp.htt,desktop.ini and WinZip_Tmp.zip
in every folder. I don't have any Antivirus software in my system, and now,i can't install any antivirus coz of that virus! How can i get rid of this problem?

Thank u in advance!

Yes. Your system is infected by "W32/MyWife.d@MM!M24" Worm.

This worm will run through 'Documents and settings' and places three files in each directory with the names- desktop.ini, Temp.Htt and WinZip_Tmp.exe
It also changes the windows settings to 'Hide Protected operating system files'.

To get rid of it:
Download: W32/MyWife.d@MM!M24 Removal Tool
File Size :372KB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom