Virus in my machine: Please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I think my machine has got infected. Till yesterday everything was fine. I was able to connect my Nokia 6630 to my PC for internet access. But today it is not getting detected even after several attempts. I have avast antivirus installed on my machine which automatically starts up every time i boot into windows (i mean the on access protection one). But now the on-access protection is disabled and i am unable to enable it. Double clicking on the avast icon of system tray says "This operation could not be completed" When i opened the antivirus program to start a system scan, eve after selecting all the drives it did not scan anything. Program just halted. Even the virus database version is showing some junk. I have attached a pic of the same.
At present i am connecting to the net using my w800i (which thankfully is working still). Please help me on how to get rid of this virus:confused:

Update: I connected to the internet using w800i and updated the program and virus database (something i had done yesterday also) and now it is able to do the scanning of my PC files.

*img135.imageshack.us/img135/4130/avasthy1.th.jpg

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Seems definition files of avast have been currupted.
first uninstall it and reboot. then install it again.
just run the setup again and it will give you repair and remove. choose remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom