Virus in Linux or ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Hi brother,My distro is FC6 nd i i've scanned my laptop by "KlamAV".i find a lot of virus.
Code:
NAME of PROBLEM FOUND                  Status
Bzip.Exceed filesize                         Loose
Zip.Exceedfilesize                            Loose
GZip.Exceedfilesize                          Loose

total virus is almost 100,but all files is part of "Icon theams,Desktop Theams,Bery,Win32 Code(.dll),etc.
I don't think its a virus but what u think nd what shall i be do now.
Details of virus list:-*img110.imageshack.us/img110/1521/snapshot122na.png

Plz help bro.:idea:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
It's not virus. It clearly says viruses/problems found. I guess there a limit to the file size of the zipped file, which ClamAV can scan. So, the file size is too big to be scanned.
Check the file, clamav.conf, there's a value ArchiveMaxFileSize. There will be some number besides it. So, archived files bigger than that will show errors. It is definitely not virus.

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Thanx 4 Reply tech_your_future.i changed setting KlamAV "Max MBs of Extract(value is 200MB)",but not good result nd i'm also thinking its not a viruses.

mehulved

Doesn't make much sense to increase it to such a large size cos viruses mostly come in small archives.
And I have no clue whatsoever why do you want to run an antivirus in the first place. It makes no sense to waste resources over such an idiotic thing. Atleast I have better things to waste my processor's power over.
If you feel your processor is being under utilised and you want to utilitze it, then take up some distributed computing projects like SETI@Home or whatever you like. There are lots of them. Why waste on such things which are of no use?

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Ok i understand but i scanned first time my laptop bcoz i was doing nd as a u r saying take up some Computing project like SETI(i don't know,what is this).why r u angry me on bro.
I'm sorry brother.
Thanx bro

mehulved

I am not angry. I am trying to explain. What's the use of such meaningless activities?
As I explained earlier too, anti-virus exists on linux only to protect windows clients or if it is serving as some kind of server, then to filter out viruses.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
tech_your_future said:
If you feel your processor is being under utilised and you want to utilitze it, then take up some distributed computing projects like SETI@Home or whatever you like. There are lots of them. Why waste on such things which are of no use?

LOL!! I took some time to control my laugh and type this. Hehehehehe....... :D

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
LEARNER_LEARNER said:
s a u r saying take up some Computing project like SETI(i don't know,what is this).

The goal of SETI@home is to detect intelligent life outside Earth. SETI@home searches for possible evidence of radio transmissions from extraterrestrial intelligence using data from the Arecibo radio telescope. The software searches for four signals

read more at wiki

mehulved

LEARNER_LEARNER said:
as a u r saying take up some Computing project like SETI(i don't know,what is this)
I am not angry or something. This is one cause I really support, distributed computing. It's really helpful. Just have a look at those projects. I myself do it, cos most of the times we utilise less than 10% of our processor power. I never said it to mock you or something but to let you know of what alternative is available. If you can give your processing power to one of this projects it will be great.
Have a look at Distributed Computing section on Anandtech forums - *forums.anandtech.com/categories.aspx?catid=39&entercat=y (maybe you will need to register there to see the page).
There are so many projects and quite a lot of them are really nice. If you like one and do feel like supporting it, download the project files and run it. If you need help on it, ask us.
boinc-client, used in most of these projects is available in ubuntu's repositories and maybe even in FC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom