Status
Not open for further replies.

Angad singh

Broken In
guys i have got some kind of virus in my external HD whenever i plug it to my pc after sometime virus transfers to my pc and starts getting shutdown automatically.... how to remove the virus from my HD

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Disable Autoplay of CD-ROMS and USB Drives.
Then plugin the USB Drive and scan it with a good antivirus

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Right click the drive in My Computer, select properties. In Autoplay tab, select content type one by one, select the radio button "select what to do" and click No Action.

For an easier way, get TweakUI from *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

OP
Angad singh

Angad singh

Broken In
there is no such option of "content type one by one"
and abt the system its clean no virus problem is in my EXTERNAL HD wen i connect it even i dnt open it and leave it the for 5-10 min my pc shuts down

janki2008

Broken In
Angad singh,

My guess would be CPU heating problem, because on my Acer Ferrari Laptop I had this same problem after 10-12 min. it used to close down automatically. I solved it buying an Laptop Chill Mat.

Hope the info helps you

Janki

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
No angad, I'm talking about the content types like Music, Video, Mixed, Data etc.

And as kavran said, scan your whole with Nod32. It's one of the best antivirus software these days. You may not access the drive at all, but if autorun is enabled, the virus(if there is one) can start by itself.

And yes, as janki2008 said, you may want to check the power supply as they have faced the same problem before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom