Status
Not open for further replies.
bout 2 weeks ago my computer got infected with the W32/Brontok.O.worm and then i scanned my computer using Panda antivirus 2007 (updated) and it showed that all the infected files had been cleaned. but everyday i keep getting pop ups saying that the virus was detected and cleaned. and when i run a scan after that nothing shows up, but the next day i get the same message.
how do i remove the virus. i have also tried the online scan on pandas website. and my system restore is also off...please help

anandk

Distinguished Member
please work in safe mode.
ie run ur av/as/ccleaner again in this mode.

else download and use Brontok Washer *www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Brontok-Washer.shtml

or Brontok Removal Tool *www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-157247-en--Win32.Brontok.A@mm.html.

OP
P

primitive_trash

Broken In
anandk said:
please work in safe mode.
ie run ur av/as/ccleaner again in this mode.

else download and use Brontok Washer *www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Brontok-Washer.shtml

or Brontok Removal Tool *www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-157247-en--Win32.Brontok.A@mm.html.

thanks a lot for the help dude..in safe mode right now...scanned using panda and ran cc cleaner..didnt show anything...will download the tools and let you know..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Anandk dude the softpedia link is not working and the bitdefender is for brontok.A. instead of brontok.O. Will it make any difference?

OP
P

primitive_trash

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
Anandk dude the softpedia link is not working and the bitdefender is for brontok.A. instead of brontok.O. Will it make any difference?

yeah was just gonna ask you that the bitdefender tool is for brontok.A and bout the softpedia link...just google it ull get it from another website...running the tool right now...

OP
P

primitive_trash

Broken In
well i scanned my computer in safe mode using the above tool and ccleaner...the search results didnt show any infection, but one tool deleted a few files...lets see what happens *fingers crossed*

anandk

Distinguished Member
alt link for brontok-washer
*www.antivirus.eng.eprogramy.net/software/brontok-washer/

there r a lot of brontok variants :D
*www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default2.asp?NAV=3&m=q&virus=WORM_BRONTOK&alt=BRONTOK
brontok.o is also refered to as brontok.aa by some av cos
ya, the sophos tool is good too.

u can also try 'anti-worm' or its brontokremovaltool
*wirusy.antivirenkit.pl/en/szczepionki/

this may help *www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BRONTOK.AA&VSect=Sn

rajasekharan

Youngling
Hey mate . . If you are on network and if any other comp is infected its not gonna help unless you clean every other comp. It took me an entire day . Disconnecting entire network and cleaning all systems using kaspersky . . :-(. So try using panda to clean entire network . Shut down all connections and clean all. .
Even a slight presence of it on any network system . Its gonna spread to other comp. Same happened with me as every day i get the virus and clean with kaspersky until i realised entire network has been infected .

Last edited:
OP
P

primitive_trash

Broken In
rajasekharan said:
Hey mate . . If you are on network and if any other comp is infected its not gonna help unless you clean every other comp. It took me an entire day . Disconnecting entire network and cleaning all systems using kaspersky . . :-(. So try using panda to clean entire network . Shut down all connections and clean all. .
Even a slight presence of it on any network system . Its gonna spread to other comp. Same happened with me as every day i get the virus and clean with kaspersky until i realised entire network has been infected .

so im connected to a network, i connect using sify broadband...so how am i supposed to shut down all the connections and clean?? it will come back as soon as i reconnect to the internet right??

rajasekharan

Youngling
No no i meant lan. The local connection between several comp . Ok if you are in home and has only one comp. Use kaspersky to delete it :). If it comes back again. Format windows .

rajasekharan

Youngling
Use kaspersky internet security . It worked for me :). I got it removed for good :).
A few more tips . Check every cd before copying to hard disk. Every usb . Antivirus fails to detect this shi*. If you have written anything to cd after infection. Be sure to check it before copying to harddisk. Please scan u.s.b before opening .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom