virus attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
my computer has been filled up with viruses. all the '.exe' files are being detected as a "win32:sality" virus, even explorer.exe and notepad. when i install a new program, the ".exe" file of that program gets affected by this virus and is detected as a virus. even my avast home edition given in the digit's CD does not work after it prompts to restart after it gets install. i use WINDOWS XP. i don't want to format my computer. please suggest.

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
which antivirus you use???

chk it out...*free.grisoft.com/ww.virus-removal.ndi-67769 :rolleyes:

i'll suggest u to install antivirus,anti-spyware & a firewall for ur protection!!

Last edited:

motobuntu

Journeyman
try the kaspersky online scanner, if u r able to connect to internet
*www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

otherwise try the latest version of NOD32.
hope this will definetly help u.

kanwaljeet4u

Broken In
Download a trial version of Kaspersky or NOD32 antivirus, Update it and run a full scan. It will definately clean your pc.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Sice his PC is HEAVILY (and i stress on that word) infected by Virus(es), then it may make it difficult for an Antivirus to get installed on his syste, coz the viruses modify the registry as well as prevent a smooth installation of an AV S/ware no matter how powerful the s/ware is, but still we need to install it first b4 scanning our system.. wich the virus will not allow ;)

SOLUTION-1: Get connected to the NET (if the virus allows the connection that is) then try a KASPERSKY ONline scanner as said by Moto.. :)

SOLUTION-2: IF that is not possible, (it wont be wise to backup ur data and u dont wanna format either), so just connect ur HDD with ur friend's PC (provided hs/she has a good AV installed prior to ur connecting of ur HDD) then u can scan the whole drives and TRY To solve ur problem,

BUT, Please install a good AV onto ur friend;'s PC and save him from getting his Drives infected too.. :D

SOLUTION-3: IF that also fails, then FORMAT is the only option.... :(

Cheers n e-peace....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know about this Win32.Sality virus. My school computers had this virus also with Brontok & Noonlight.

Don't delete the infected .exe files, try repairing them. Because if you delete, then many softwares of yours may get corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom