Virtual Dub Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're source file is MPEG1 which was made by joining more than one files. VirtualDub is reporting warnings due to an improper join. You may chose to ignore these warnings but audio and video in your output may go out of synch due to this problem.

You may chose to ignore warnings/errors while opening a file by selecting "File" > "Open video file" and checking this option in the dialog - "Ask for extended options after this dialog".

In future use TMPegEnc Tools 2.xx > File > Mpeg Tools option to join multiple MPEG1 files.

Keith

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Hey........the VD MPEG1 Import Filter is extremely sensitive.......

Download VCD Gear 3.xx and use the MPEG->MPEG option with remove MPEG errors and try again...........if it still gives problems.............convert that file to an avi with some othe converter using a high bitrate codec..........and then use Virtual dub for whatever u wanted to do with it...............

meet_raman

Broken In
well i bet virtualdub will STILL fail even if you followed what people say in posts before me.. (IF the CD is TOO BAD.. )

best is to download ISOBUSTER .. insert your CD .. browse the AVSEQ01.DAT through isobuster.. right click on file.. select "extract but filter only m2f2 mpeg frames" .. save the file..

this new file should load perfect in virtualdub... if it fails.. use TMPGENC to correct the file...

report back if you dont know about tmpgenc..

this tutorial might also prove useful...
ALL ABOUT VIDEO ENCODING HERE:
Code:
*geocities.com/hotbolly2002/

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
NO atually the source file is a single vedio file which is on a cd which is pretty badly scratched...so the distrotion

meet_raman said:
best is to download ISOBUSTER .. insert your CD .. browse the AVSEQ01.DAT through isobuster.. right click on file.. select "extract but filter only m2f2 mpeg frames" .. save the file..

That's an excellent method for recovering corrupt mpeg files from discs, and I suggest <amanwannalearn> try this before going further. But, I have a feeling that this error is due to an improper file join using some crappy file-joining software that disregards intra (I) frame positions while joining.

Keith

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry raman,i think u posted just wen i posted..so i didnt see ur message.
thanx for the suggestion and ya i dunno how to use TMPGENC...(what dos it even stand for??)
A tut wud be useful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom