!! Virtual Dub Problem - Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey guys,

i wanted to compress a certain avi file using Xvid and Mp3 but when i tried using Virtual dub, in Audio Compression i couldnt find any options under Mpeg Layer - 3, which is unusual !! I am posting a screen shot.!!

Well usually i HAVE to unwillingly do all my compressions under Win XP as same thing happens when i use Vista. I dont get any option under Mpeg Layer -3, But this time even under Win XP i am not gettin any option.

I want to solve it once and for all even for Vista. I installed and uninstalled Klm Codec Pack, Vista Codec Pack but there is no change.!!

Heres the screenie

*img77.imageshack.us/img77/4884/untitledmd8.th.jpg

Thanx
Dipen

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I dont exactly know what your problem is as this never happened with me.
Try using ogg vorbis for audio compression. At low bitrates, it is better than mp3.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
for Mp3 i used 48Kb/s bitrate..!! which one of ogg vorbis should i use and what would be equivalent to Mp3..??

Plus isnt ther any way to install MP3 encoder...

i installed Lame Mp3 codec in the beginning..!!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well dipen the problem is that you don't have ny MP3 encoder installed , just do one thing , Install K-Lite Codec Pack n then you'll have all the necessary codeds you'll need to encode files .

*www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Dipen01 said:
for Mp3 i used 48Kb/s bitrate..!! which one of ogg vorbis should i use and what would be equivalent to Mp3..??
Use same bitrate for Ogg. Encode a SMALL audio file (song etc.) in Ogg(Use audacity or any other software since you cant use Virtual Dub) and check the diff. between Ogg and Mp3. I am sure Ogg wont disappoint you. If you still dont like the sound quality, then use a higher bitrate:)

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
cynosure said:
Use same bitrate for Ogg. Encode a SMALL audio file (song etc.) in Ogg(Use audacity or any other software since you cant use Virtual Dub) and check the diff. between Ogg and Mp3. I am sure Ogg wont disappoint you. If you still dont like the sound quality, then use a higher bitrate:)
main problem i faced with ogg was that when using it to compress the audio track of a movie , the Audio was not in sync with the video . so i suggest you use WMA at 96 kbps or 128kbps if size is a very big concern :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom