Virtual Dub Output File Size (~30GB) [solved]!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I tried to convert a 700 MB VCD into avi using Virtual Dub, but the output file was ~30GB in size!!! How to decrease the size???

wORm

Journeyman
You probably converting it into uncompressed avi, use a free mpeg4 codec like xvid and convert to that in full processing mode.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Follow what worm has to say, select the audio and video compression and configure according to file size you require. And then hit save as avi.

bala4digit

Journeyman
please tell me can we convert DAT file to AVI through virtualdub ???

if yes please gimme a step by step procedure ?

thanks!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Carefully read through any of the following tutorials ..

*videoproductions.com.au/html/virtual_dub.html
*shanebrinkmandavis.com/homepage/Archos/Main/VirtualDubTutorial/

-----
alibi

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Virtual Dub Output File Size (~30GB)!!

shwetanshu said:
I tried to convert a 700 MB VCD into avi using Virtual Dub, but the output file was ~30GB in size!!! How to decrease the size???
Probably You didn't use any compression codecs and let the Video to remain at Uncompressed.Use an Xvid compression codec for video and Mpeg Layer 3 128Kbps or AC3 5.1 codec for Audio compression.That must do the trick.

@bala4digit:Try this *www.aoamedia.com/Convert_DAT_to_AVI.htm
OR *www.videohelp.com/avi2divx.htm

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
shwetanshu said:
i have k-lite mega codec pack, aint that enough??
Technically It is enough but how to use it in virtual Dub is the point.In Virtual Dub first head out to Video Option and then hit compression and later select the appropriate codec from the List.After this when you save it as .avi file only then will the compression be proper.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Video Codecs:Xvid Mpeg4 Codec
Above settings guide *www.doom9.org/index.html?/xvid-vdub-11.htm
Audio Compression:Mpeg Layer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom