virtual dub errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit

Broken In
I use virtualdub to compress movies on my vcds in the *.dat format to the divx format. But many a times I get the following error ' anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in video stream' when I open a video file in the *.dat format. Due to which I can't compress any of those movies.
Is there a way I solve this problem? Pls help.

SouvikSinha

Broken In
This error comes when you have a bad DAT file. Visit *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+"anachronistic+or+discontinuous+timestamp+found+in+"++VirtualDub to know more about the error.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Yo! Gambit------>>>>>

You shud hav searched a bit b4 startin a new topic:

Check This Out:

:arrow: Which is the Best Video Codec Out there?

Ur questions n a lot more will be answered here :lol:

OP
G

gambit

Broken In
Dear Maverick,
That was a fantastic article about video codecs but my problem is still not solved. Cld u help me pls?

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Arre Dude!

That Article was'nt only about video codecs but also how to encode stuff the right way, And if u read the entire post a lot has been said about how virtual Dub works and how to solve problems associated with it....(Read the :shock: ENTIRE :shock: Post!!!)

Anyways, i'll answer u here as well, U shud never encode *.DAT files from a VCD directly as the *.DAT is not a true video container but a very general container used to house anything( DAT = data). The reason VCDs use *.DAT is because VCDs need to store more info(parity & correction info, etc.) then the A/V data itself and the mpeg container does not provide the flexiblity to do so.

So u r supposed to conver *.DAT to *.mpg using VCD Gear enabling the Fix mpeg errors option. Encoding from DAT directly will also give u major A/V sync issues in ur output.

Try it out, u'll also notice that the converted *.mpg will be smaller in size to the *.DAT owing to the extra info being stripped off!!! And still play the same way.

P.S.: You can use AIMOne Video Converter also, Virtual Dub Provides lotta IP & AP filters but if u dont want to use them u can use AIMOne, its much more stable than Virtual Dub!!!

:arrow: Hey n BTW, whatever iv mentioned above is there it the other post, its just that u din figure out your answer :idea:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
More Simple Way COuld Be Converting Ur .Dat File To .Mpg Via Vcd Cutter.....Trust Me Its Real Fast And dependable....I Usually got these errors In Virtual Dub as well but Then I Came To know That Virtual Dub Dosent Directly support These .Dat Ripped Files But Rather HAve to Be First Converted Into .mpg Files and Then Be used To Be Encoded to Divx Or Other Forms :D

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
That's true...convert your dat file to mpg using VCDCutter or make a clip of the selected portion using VCDCutter.I too had your problem but I was able to convert the clips I made with VCDCutter into divx format using virtualdub without any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom