Virtual Drive- How to Make More Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
I have installed alcohol 120% to make virtual drives.

But before that, I had installed few software (say, Medical Text books in CDs) that require CDs normally.

Since I installed the software from the real CD drive, now the software don’t open,(though I have it on the virtual drive mounted), when I click on the start >programs> “software name� menu.

It says to insert the CD into drive D:

The problem doesn’t arise when I install the same software from the virtual drive.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

KoolFirE

Broken In
Aanand said:
I have installed alcohol 120% to make virtual drives.

But before that, I had installed few software (say, Medical Text books in CDs) that require CDs normally.

Since I installed the software from the real CD drive, now the software don’t open,(though I have it on the virtual drive mounted), when I click on the start >programs> “software name� menu.

It says to insert the CD into drive D:

The problem doesn’t arise when I install the same software from the virtual drive.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

When you start the program it requires the CD to be present in Drive D becuse the Windows registry is refereced to Drive D. There are two ways you can get this working.
1) Uninstall the software and resintall it using the mounted image from the Virtual Drive.
2) Change the Virtual Drive's letter to D:
-> (Start -> Run, type "compmgmt.msc", go to Disc Management under Storage Group, at the bottom
-> Right click on CD-ROM 0 (your physical CD ROM Drive) and click on Change Drive Letters and Paths and change it to Z: or whatever you like.
-> Follow the similar process the Change the Drive letter of your Virtual CD to D:

singhai_2688

Right off the assembly line
Installing Virtual Drive

Hai I am bhanu i am read your problem to about virtual drive . I am also used virtual cd 4.3 software. this software is very greatful because this is download easil through the link www.virtualcd.com or try the link virtual cds in the site www.google.com.when they download any version then the virtual cd is trial version then . We open the site www.serialarchive.com or www.serialspot.com. ok Bye and best whish.

To solve the problem please send email to sucess my email is honey_singhai_2688@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom