View's on this Config....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
Hi !!!

I just upgraded my computer which was a P-III and way too old for my liking.

The configuration is

Processor : Pentium-4 2.80 GHz
Motherboard : Asus : P5GD1-VM
RAM : 512MB Hynix ....

I have been using this computer for a week now and have no problems, except that if you run the sys for a long time and restart it, the Mobo does not detect the HDD and the Optical Drive.

I have my old Samsung 40Gb drive and a Samsung 52x CD-RW. These two have given me absolutely no problem.....

Is that a fault with the Mobo???????

Also, I had asked my vendor for a 400MHz DDR-RAM, but he has given me only a 333MHz RAM. Should I make the switch, since he anyways wouldn't be charging me for it.

Also, the Mobo shows a PCS printed on it and even the BIOS display when booting up shows PCS. He says that it is an OEM version and has no problems.

Please let me know about the MObo since if there is any problem, I can change it immediately......

G

gxsaurav

upgrade your motherboard BIOS first, however this can cause trouble, so better call some help first

Kniwor

Learner
ECE0105 said:
Hi !!!

I just upgraded my computer which was a P-III and way too old for my liking.

The configuration is

Processor : Pentium-4 2.80 GHz
Motherboard : Asus : P5GD1-VM
RAM : 512MB Hynix ....

I have been using this computer for a week now and have no problems, except that if you run the sys for a long time and restart it, the Mobo does not detect the HDD and the Optical Drive.

I have my old Samsung 40Gb drive and a Samsung 52x CD-RW. These two have given me absolutely no problem.....

Is that a fault with the Mobo???????

Also, I had asked my vendor for a 400MHz DDR-RAM, but he has given me only a 333MHz RAM. Should I make the switch, since he anyways wouldn't be charging me for it.

Also, the Mobo shows a PCS printed on it and even the BIOS display when booting up shows PCS. He says that it is an OEM version and has no problems.

Please let me know about the MObo since if there is any problem, I can change it immediately......

never heard of such a problem before....
anyhow.. if the BIOS flash does not help get it changed...

and change the ram IMMEDIATELY

abracadabra

Journeyman
if u motherboard doesnt detect the drives please ask the service personel to have it checked to make sure that the IDE cables and the power supply for the drives are plugged in properly. else it culd be the problem of the bios battery. after all its just a newly purchased board hence i dont feel that this shuld b a problem as such.

ya 400 is a better option than a 333Mhz. try not to go for a hynix prefer sumthing from kingston atleast its good and reliable. (i know its a bit expensive but its worth what u pay for).

Last edited:
OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks for the Replies guys.......

The probelm of the Drives not being detected is not always, but yes, this has been increasing in frequency of late...

Lemme check with that guy, better that I change it soon........

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
There is only one IDE Slot, and I have my HDD as the Pri Master and the CD-RW as the Slave.....

shovik

Banned
Update your system BIOS by downloading the utility only from your mobo's manufacturers site. Updatation of BIOS is a critical process, be careful while doing it, and keep in mind that there should be no power failure while doing it. Hope your problem will be solved by this.
Now for your RAM, definitely go for RAM with 400MHz as it offers higher bandwidth, and if possible go for two RAM modules to implement a dual channel configuration, which would definitely boost the current performance of your system.

Regards,
Shovik.

Kniwor

Learner
u r not a newbie either, why replying to a month old thread, he has already got it changed by now may be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom