View different content on two monitors using same PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
View different content on two monitors using same PC.
I would like some expert advise on this as i want to spend my money on the correct thing.

OP
F

faraz_majidkhan

Broken In
i have a P4 3.0Ghz with ht on a intel D915GAV board. I want to use the windows xp feature of extending my desktop to the other system

OP
F

faraz_majidkhan

Broken In
I want to know what is required (hardware/software) . I have a 15" crt monitor (5-6 yrs old) . Now i want to buy a new monitor 17" LCD or flat monitor & also keep the old crt monitor. I want to view different content like e-mails on one monitor & some other window on the other monitor.

Please help

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Firstly, you don't have to make a new post each time you want to post something. You can just use the edit button at the bottom right corner of your post.

You'll need a graphics card powerful enough to support 2 monitors. What you buy depends on your budget.
The 17" LCD will cost you approx Rs. 12,000. The graphics card can range from Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 25,000. It's all down to what you can afford.
Once you have the necessary hardware, connect both monitors to the graphics card.
Right-click on the desktop and choose 'Properties'. Choose the 'Settings' tab and enable your second monitor from here.
It's really easy and self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom