Video repeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have a Toshiba SD 42HK home theatre system. Whenever I try to play any VCD , my standalone DVD player plays it for sometime and then starts playing from the starting point again. What should I do??? I have noticed this usually takes place between 0-15 minutes of the track only.
I had applied a DVD region free & SVCD hack on my player about 6 months back. This problem has started 1-2 months back.
Also my cousin had put a Digit DVD in my Toshiba standalone DVD player 3-4 months back.
Is this problem linked to any of the 2 incidents.
I have been cleaning my DVD player with a lens cleaner every fortnight ever since I bought it.
Secondly I am planning to buy a new TV which port should I look for on the TV so as to enjoy home theatre experience.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I have this problem with my home theater too at times. The problem usually is that the disc is a bit corrupted, and while reading the disc, the player suddenly thinks its reached an end of track and then resets itself. The only way to fix it is since you know approximately when it happens, pause the disc then, and then use the FF button to skip just a bit into that scene and it should resume playback properly. You cant fix the error unless you copy the VCD, clean up the tracks and then rewrite it onto a clean disc. Apparently your home theater has very little tolerance for scratched discs. You can also try cleaning the disc and the lens of the player, but apart from that, there isnt much that anyone can do. Try not to use scratched and smudged discs, thats all one can do. :(

Region free hacks wont affect anything unless you've fiddled with the internal hardware. A simple software hack wont affect anything. As for the Digit DVD, well, that wouldn't cause a problem as most new DVD players can read folder information and the maximum that would have happened is that it would have listed the folders in the DVD or give you a "No Disc" error.

As for your TV, go in for a TV that supports DVD Component Input, that is if your player can output component output (you can check if you have the Y/Pb/Pr ports at the back of the player) This is the highest quality output that your DVD player can output and most newer TVs from Philips and Sony have component inputs. If your player doesn't have component output, then look for a TV that accepts S-Video. That's the second best. If your DVD player only supports the analog (yellow) video signal output, then any TV on the face of the Earth will do.

But as much as possible, go for a DVD player with component and S-Video video output and optical and coaxial audio outputs and a TV with component or S-Video input and a music system / AV receiver with optical AND coaxial inputs. As much as possible, stick to component for video and coaxial for audio (unless you have a lot of RF interference)

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
The DVD hack I applied was a firmware one and I think the problem has started because of it. Earlier it used to work fine. It could even read CDs with a lot of scratches.
I am looking for getting the firmware of the drive and searched on Toshiba 's site but could not find it. Also if I apply the firmware then the DVD region free hack will be gone.
Can I apply some other DVD region free firmware for my DVD player (Toshiba SD 42HK home theatre system) ??? From where can I get the firmware (apart from www.videohelp.com)
Please help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom