Video Gurus. Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminsagar123

Journeyman
Hello Friends,
I have 4 DVDs of my friend's wedding. The total length of each DVD is no more than 2 hours.

I want to shrink videos from all the DVDs on a single DVD so i can play it on DVD player. Quality loss doesn't matter. :confused:

I have 6 VCDs of my cousin's wedding, i want to burn them all to a single DVD. :confused:

Please suggest a good software/tutorial to do these tasks.

Thanks a lot. :p

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
To play on DVD player.... with no Divx/XVid reading capacity.... u have to maintain the "play duration".. meaning... total length of all dvds put together should be within 2 hrs.

We could have merged them all and put in a dvd with any video compression software but then.. it'll be unreadable in standard DVD players :(

Same for the VCDs...

Size/quality is relevant to compression standards and not standard video modes like VCD/DVD...

its really really easy to do what you want.

First the burning the 6 VCDs to a dvd part: just place the video folders of each CD in the DVD. From what I know, a DVD has enough capacity to swallow 6 VCDs as a whole, without transcoding.

To place 4 DVD movies to one DVD, either transcode them to a format like h.264/vorbis in mkv and place them in the DVD, or use DVD Shrink or a similar software to reduce the size of each DVD movie, and then place them in the DVD.

But first, tell us if you intend to view them on a DVD Player or a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom