Video editing problems !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
This problem is not new.It happens with most of the people.Actually we had a freshers party last week and i made the whole video using my handycam.Now everyone is asking me for the video CD's.I'll distribute it to everyone but the problem is that i should be given credit for the work.So i want answer to the following questions ----
1) How can i put a logo on the video file.The video that i have is in MPG format and i've also created a logo in JPG format.Refer a software that takes least time for this job.
2 I would like to protect the VCD's.What i mean by that is that the students should not be able to copy the video CD's to their computers.I don't want a huge protection but somewhat like,it should generate error of any sort while copying using the windows explorer.

TIA
dirtydignity

expertno.1

Technomancer
Hi hitteshwitch ,

1) How can i put a logo on the video file.The video that i have is in MPG format and i've also created a logo in JPG format.Refer a software that takes least time for this job.

Use virtual dub

*www.virtualdub.org/

it has the feature of marking a logo

2 I would like to protect the VCD's.What i mean by that is that the students should not be able to copy the video CD's to their computers.I don't want a huge protection but somewhat like,it should generate error of any sort while copying using the windows explorer.

firstly i want to know that "will the students view it on a VCD palyer ot not"

if not then u can password protect your .mpg file by using winrar

but if the students will watch it using the VCD player then the above process will fail since VCD player cannot extract any .mpg file from .rar :lol:

else u can encrypt your cd using
*www.cd-lock.com/
*techrepublic.com.com/5208-11195-0.html?forumID=87&threadID=175930&start=0
*www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/cd_encryption_info/

thanks.
regards...
Expertno.1

valtea

In the zone
*www.cd-lock.com/

After using any of the above softwares. will it work with a VCD player?

expertno.1

Technomancer
valtea said:
*www.cd-lock.com/

After using any of the above softwares. will it work with a VCD player?

Hi ,
Please see what i wrote and sked him also
"firstly i want to know that "will the students view it on a VCD palyer ot not""

if they will watch on computer then it will work but for VCD player there is no any method

also
he is asking for the copying and psting which is only possible in windows
thats why i gave the upper solution which will work for him

thanks
regards...
Expertno.1

valtea

In the zone
Thanks for the clarification. I too was actually wanting a software which can protect a VCD (viewable in Player) from being copied, that was why i was aking whichout actually cheking it again.

Sorry.

OP
hittheswitch

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Questions ???

Thanks for all your replies.One of my problem is solved by Virtualdub easily.I created a video filter using the logo option onto my MPG file and the work was done.It also didnt took much time.The only problem that i'm facing right now is that i have a standard MPG file (VCD compatiable) but the output that i get from Virtual Dub is in AVI format and that too with a big file size(1 min. of video is taking approx. 600 MB of space).So i just wanna know the best compression that i should use.I don't wanna loose on quality.I want the quality of the video and its size to be same as that of the original file and the output file should be easily writable as a VCD.

Second problem of mine is still left.I'll try to explain the problem in a better way.I'm charging the juniors - Rs.150 for three CD's of the video that i had made.Some of the students will play it on VCD player while others on Computers.I wanna make sure that they are not able to make copies of my VCD otherwise im gonna loose a lot of money.

I hope the question is clear.Thanks for your help.
TIA

expertno.1

Technomancer
So i just wanna know the best compression that i should use.I don't wanna loose on quality.I want the quality of the video and its size to be same as that of the original file and the output file should be easily writable as a VCD.

Get the Divx Helium Codec as its the best and fastest codec out there

or just simply use Divx 6

*labs.divx.com/archives/000055.html

Second problem of mine is still left.I'll try to explain the problem in a better way.I'm charging the juniors - Rs.150 for three CD's of the video that i had made.Some of the students will play it on VCD player while others on Computers.I wanna make sure that they are not able to make copies of my VCD otherwise im gonna loose a lot of money.

For computer walla the above suggestion will work in my last post

"but the students who will play it on VCD player"
Sorry to say
but
i dont think there is any solution for that

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom