Video DVD - Guidance Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispote

Broken In
Hi All,
I have just bought Sony DVD Writer (DRU - 820). Can anybody please tell me whether the model I have choosed is good or not?
Also, I have a mega collection of VCDs. How can I convert these VCDs into 1 DVD (containing multiple titles to full utilise DVD)? I got Nero CD, but it won't give any option for this? Is there any other way?
Lastly, how can I create those professional quality menus for my Video-DVD?

Thank you,

da_tcpip

Journeyman
With Mainconcept Mpeg Encoder.. you can convert your mpeg1s to mpeg2s for dvd.. however.. if you wish to make multi titles in one dvd.. quality will suffer..
You can make real good menus with DVDLab Pro

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Sony DVD writer is really a good one. You made a good choice.
You should have Nero Vision Express plug-in for Nero to do encoding to DVD format. It encodes to high-quality DVD video with menu options.

hansraj

In the zone
ok reply to both u r questions...
1. Now that u have already bought one i feel its too late to ask the opinion whether its the good one or not... it will bring u unhappiness only.
2. to create the dvd movies from the existing vcds , the best one is "DVD LAB PRO" i have been working in dvd lab pro which gives u the options of making the menus very profesionally. The prob with nero is when u try to make the dvd from the vcd it bloats up the size of the video so it will not be possible for u to make 4 movies in one however the dvd lab pro does it beautivully without any significant change in the file sizes so u can make 4 in one dvds

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Then DVD lab it is! The Search Piad off! Thnks guyz! I needed to get DVD from .wmv , .avi (divx , xvid) , .dat .....
Hope it helps!

OP
I

ispote

Broken In
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies. I will try using the software mentioned by you.
Thanks a lot again !!

ThanQ

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You need not worry much. The encoding is taken care by the s/w. Al you have to do is provide source and encode.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey I hv found out another nice tool. it really does everything we are trying here.. ConvertXtoDVD . I used it I know! Guyz try this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom