Video-DVD Blues !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Another problem that i'm facing ( and usually everyone faces ),
I'll try to explain my problem in the best way i can...do try to understand.
I have a 4.7 GB DVD (Blank).Now i need to create a Video-DVD.When i add movies that are in mpg or dat format, to the DVD by using Nero or Ulead DVD Movie factory or any other software, it occupies around 2.5 GB ( A movie of approx length of 2 hours ) , even though the the .mpg or dat file is of around 1.2 GB. I know why this happens....because when creating a VCD or a Video-DVD, the space occupied by a movie is according to time and not by size.
If the above fact is true,then i got myself a DVD yesterday of capacity 4.20 GB consisting of 3 full length movie ( approx. 7 hours of video ).How come the DVD makers were able to fit 7 hours of movie in 4.20 GB.I agree that the quality of the movie that i got in the DVD was not as good as the Original DVD's consisiting of single titles,but still it was much better then the Original VCD quality.
Can anyone tell me how to fit 7 hours of video on a 4.7 GB DVD ? Which all settings to use and which software to use?
Astalavista
Thaks in advance

Nimda

l33t n00b!
This is a common problem. But usually occurs when you are not using Nero. Use Nero 6 Reloaded.It can automatically help u write DVD movies without any expertisation.Just use Nero Start Smart Wizard & it will guide u till the work is complete.

You can also visit this page. Browse through the entire site to know more about MPEG compression and other stuff.

If you want to compress, then try using Nero VisionExpress. It can compress mpeg video upto 5 hours in single 4.7 GB DVD at cost of quality. You can fit average quality movie of 3 hrs.

D

Deleted member 5901

hey this happen with the different kinds of formats that u can use while burning!!!!

CheerS !!!

shyam911

Journeyman
Nimda said:
If you want to compress, then try using Nero VisionExpress. It can compress mpeg video upto 5 hours in single 4.7 GB DVD at cost of quality. You can fit average quality movie of 3 hrs.

i agree. In fact i have a dvd that has 7 movies (Though cant say much about the quality)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom