Very Urgent:PlS hELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Recently I was trying to install Longhorn Beta Version on my PC (Athlon 64 3000+ & MSI RS482M-ILD). I tried to do a fresh installation of Longhorn on my existing XP with SP2 platform. After running the installation shield for few moments, the installation prompted me to restart.

After restarting thesystem failed to recognize my keyboard as not a single key was working. To the horror I am not being able to enter into BIOS as delete key is non-functional. Also I can't boot from CD as again it requires any key to be pressed. Nor the longhorn installation continued. The bar is moving on the boot screen showing Longhorn but nothing follows.

I tried different keyboards but no use. So either it is a Keyboard Port problem or my BIOS is corrupted I don't know. Can anybody help what the hell it is.

I don't know whether it is a software problem or a hardware problem. So I posted this in both.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Open the cabinet, remove the small coin size battery and place it back after a few minutes.
It will reset the BIOS settings to default.

May be it'll work? :)

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I'll try that. In b/w are u from aligarh? My friend sumit told me abt u.
thanx vishal. the removal of BIOS battery worked n i m now able to boot into XP. But still I am surprised why Vista didn't worked for me. I think there is some conflict b/w ATI based chipsets and longhorn. By the way when Mr. Gates will officially launch Vista. 4 saal se XP chala-chala kar bore ho gaye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom