very slow xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
hi]
My computer has become very slow though the startup is fast but the computer is very slow
i was playing vice city today and the game was crawling .
Was this due to the virtual drive as today i mounted the Cd contents on the virtual drive through a NERO imagedrive or i yesterday intalled a new windows xp on the same drive.is that the reason
I have a 256mb ddr1 ram,nvidia geforcefx5200 graphic card and intel i845g mother board and i am currently working on windows xp proffesional.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
256MB for memory is going to make any game crawl. It is not essential for any computer today.
Installing 2 OSs on the same partition is not recommended and may make the whole system slow down.
If you installed a new Windows XP, you should first partition, next format and then install.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^He played on the lowest resolution with the lowest setting and it ran. Beleive me or not ..... IT RAN :D.

Anyways, install a single OS per partition.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
i don't think he partitioned and formated the partition. I read somewhere it is hard to install 2 OSs in one partition. But I know it is possible but highly not recommended

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
@R2k ,how onearth is it possibl coz the min req 4 nfs most wanted is 256 mb ram,it crawled on my old pc p4,512 ddr,gigabyte81845g mobo

R2K

In the Zone
^^

believe it or not it was running just fine....
my proc was AMD athlon XP 2600+ running at 2.1 ghz

even my friends pc with p4 256 mb ram 8 mb gfx memory was able to this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom