very important motherboard issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hey guys my pc is coming on monday, being repaired. currently my mobo is phased out so im replacing it with p5n-e-sli. since they are the same chipset do i have to reinstall my os or can i just run in safe mode uninstall previous drivers and reinstall the asus drivers. also they are 650i the drivcers should be the same. please help guys i need to know.

help plez

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
asus p5n e sli is based on 650i sli chipset. Uninstalling older drivers & installing newer drivers
in safe mode may work but it's always advisable that you reinstall your entire OS.

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
will there be any side effects. also both mobos have same drivers the usual nforce drivers. so i dont really think reinstalling drivers may be necessary. and what will be the side effects of not reinstalling the os. internet isnt a problem because i have a seperate lan card. soudn isnt a problem because i use a usb headset. will there be anythting else??

also guys is it possible if i have to reformat, i can create a partition on my hdd and my data will stil be there on another partition? my alternative could be to format my 160gb hdd into the os and use 500gb as an alternative

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom