very imp. pasword recovery RAR ... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i rared a file which is important now, a week back and dont know a part of the pass... i mean i dont know where to insert the underscores ( _ ) and there are abt 3-4 underscores and total of 18 letters in pass... which software can i use.. i remember all the other words i mean the words separated with _ pls help me unrar it...

/legolas

paul_007

Padawan
there r many rar password recovery softwares, u can search it but i think there is very little success as i've tried it myself, if password are small like 4 to 5 chars then these softwares r successful but in ur case pass is 18 chars long with multiple chars wich is very difficult to recover, most softwares use brute force which has less accuracy

Gunner

Broken In
Wether or not the password can be cracked depends upon the encryption. And RAR usually has advanced encryption, so it'll be pretty tough, though I'm not saying it's impossible.

Dipen01

Youngling
Agreed with Paul...

I had downloaded once Warez file..which was pass protected and then 4got pass... so tried various softwares...

But no Success :(... It scanned for almost 7 hrs..still couldnt recover pass...so i must say.. uptil..5-7 chars..may be recoverd that too not sure..

and above it is highly tough..

Dipen01

Youngling
Agreed with Paul...

I had downloaded once Warez file..which was pass protected and then 4got pass... so tried various softwares...

But no Success :(... It scanned for almost 7 hrs..still couldnt recover pass...so i must say.. uptil..5-7 chars..may be recoverd that too not sure..

and above it is highly tough..

abhinavrakesh

Broken In
Here is Your Answer

Open That Rar File in Linux.
if it doesn't work for you download (John Password Cracker) for Linux then run the utility on that Rar file After about 2 to 2.5 Hours it will crack that Rar Pasword. i had do it by myself Several times Don't ask me, how i know it. take Linux & (John the Ripper) and Start

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
=====================
these links may help you:-
*www.rarpasswordcracker.com/
*www.elcomsoft.com/arpr.html
*www.intelore.com/rar_password_recovery.php
*www.crackpassword.com/products/prs/archives/rar/
*www.lostpassword.com/rar.htm
*www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Password_Management_Utilities/RAR_Password_Recovery.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom