Very Fast Mouse...... how2slow???? ~!~!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,
I've winXP PRO SP2 , last month i bought "SUPERCOMP"
optical mouse which has 800 dpi resolutiuon. Now my mouse is working too fast, whenever i click once on any icon it automatically clicked twice-thrice.

For example, when i click once on NEW TAB under opera/firefox/ie7 then sometime it opens 2-3 Tabs instead of one. When i click on [X] close button of any opened windows then automatically also closed other windows which is just behind that window. After this problem i reduced sample rate to 80 and disabled fast intialization under mouse setting. But still i've problem. Its PS/2. Can anyone tell me whats the problem? And how can i solve it??

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^
Yup... CtrlPnl -> Mouse Properties -> DoubleClick speed... reduce it and test in box on right.

That'll solve ur prob.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
That i'ld like to add... is not Mr.Kool... but a Telugu starlet by the name of Allu Arjun... upcomin star, nephew of Chiranjeevi, Telugu's leading actor.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Copy this data in notepad and put the file extension as .reg
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"UseDoubleClickTimer"="1"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]
"DoubleClickHeight"="4"
"DoubleClickWidth"="4"
"DoubleClickSpeed"="450"
Apply the registry file thus made.

Or reinstall mouse drivers...

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33111

I had a similar issue with my mouse read the above thread & see if that applicable in ur case, I had a major trouble for 2-3 days due to the same problem

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
whats the relation between pad with optical mouse??
By the way....... still i've problem. i think this happened after installing TUNE UP UTLITIES 2007. just check out captured pic.. And also of regedit (that said by koolbluez)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Try lowering Mouse Sensitivity from 12 to say 8 ..

[Edit] You dont have to lower Mouse Double Click speed .. You have to increase it .. Make it something around 500 to 600 .. On my system the slowest speed has the value of 900 and the fastest speed has value of 200 ..

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
If u r that fast a double-clickr.. then increase the speed i.e.
Code:
"DoubleClickSpeed"="200"
But 450 is fair enuf. If it doesnt work with this.. then might b something wrong with ur mouse (clean the mid-button spaces, mayb they stick 2 each other or so) or mayb some corrupt installation. U sure u've no viruses in there.
Did u try changing the mouse? Try trouble-shooting by pin-pointin the culprit. Remove & test them one-by-one.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
koolbluez said:
U sure u've no viruses in there.
ya.... i'm sure no virus!!!
koolbluez said:
Did u try changing the mouse? Try trouble-shooting by pin-pointin the culprit. Remove & test them one-by-one.

whats this?? PIN POINTING?

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
kool said:
whats this?? PIN POINTING?

Hmmm maybe u can scare the mouse my pointing a pin towards it;) ... Something like... " U better slow down or I'll poke this pin into you":D :D

On the serious note it's typical that the Windows Mouse settings have no effect in case of Optical Mouse. It's obviously the drivers installed with the mouse riding the roost, check the manufacturer website to see if new drivers are available.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmmm.... did u install any drivers when u first install the mouse? try uninstalling the mouse, removing it from the port. restart windows widout mouse once. then switch off, connect mouse and boot into windows again. this time try a generic driver for your mouse. mebbe a generic microsoft mouse driver will do. report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom