VCD to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitroy

Broken In
I've got VCD of three movies, say - A, B & C. Each of these movies are again on two disks. I want to get all these three movies on a single DVD. For this purpose, perhaps, I also need to merge the twin VCDs of each of the three movies. So, please suggest -
1. Whether I am correct in my approach?
2. Then, how the two VCDs of the individual movies can be conjoined? Please mention any particular software for this particular operation.

shovik

Banned
first join the video files with any file joiner program then encode using the software TMPGEnc from *www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html. Get a template known as ratvcd.temp from the internet, encode using it, now your vcds will fit onto a single DVD.

nil_3

In the zone
There are two aspects in your question:Space and Compatibility. If you keep three vcd movies(3x2x700=4200mb) in a single DVD just to reduce the no. of discs then do not re-encode it(as you proposed to join them). Multiple encoding deteriorates quality. Just burn the AVSEQ files in DataDVD format. However it will not play in any standalone CD/DVD player and can be playable in computer only.
If you want to play the movies in standalone DVD player then you have to encode it in DVD format which will take a lot of space and you will not be able to keep three movies in a single DVD. Also the quality will not be so good.
Some standalone players can play MPEG1 files. If you have this one then you can join the VCDs as stated by shovik and burn in DataDVD format. It will be playable both in computer as well as your standalone player.

OP
A

abhijitroy

Broken In
I actually do intend to keep the DVD playable in standalone DVD player. So, I'll definitely like a solution in that direction only.
@ shovik:
Please name a few file joiner programs which a novish can handle.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom