vcd compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat_adi

Right off the assembly line
is there any software or codec which can convert(compress) the vcd file(.dat) into any other format which is small in size but doesnt compromise on quality. also i should be able to reconvert the file into its original format(.dat), so that i can make VCD from it.

i hav some .avi videos which are good in quality and small in size(70 minutes of 352 MB)

can i get these softys on P2P n/ws ? are they free ?

i heard about divx what is it?
i installed divx from the Digit DVD but there wasnt any coding software with it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
first off being a newbie on the form i would suggest u to search first and then post....cause this topic has been dicussed way over the limit here :lol:

Anyways here's a link that i suppose might help ya in converting Vcd's into Divx...... :wink:

*www.videohelp.com/guides.php?tools...=0&listallusers=&search=Search+or+List+Guides

And plzz next time use the search feature listed above in the forum 8)

goobimama

 Macboy
DIVX ONLY ALLOWS U TO VIEW COMPRESSED VIDEOS

Divx is a codec, that is, a coder and a decoder. There is no way you can compress without divx or another codec. So, in a sense you need a codec to compress as well as uncompress the video. Xvid is an open source answer to divx and offers much better compression. Only sad point is it does not work on that Philips DVD player which plays divx....

--------------
*www.rollaword.com/firefoxsig.jpg

G

gxsaurav

There is no use converting VCD to diVx as the source video is iteself low quality, stick to what U got, dat or VCD

djmykey

Let the music play.....
gxsaurav said:
There is no use converting VCD to diVx as the source video is iteself low quality, stick to what U got, dat or VCD

Well said gx. If u got a DVD or something as high quality as it then only is there some meaning of rippin it into DivX format. I got some DVD rips of some movies man they look awesome man. I love DVD rips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom