VB.IQ Virus help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kani

Right off the assembly line
An, SOS! Today I plugged in my Pendrive and my AVG says my files there are infected with VB.IQ virus (in all the files of my Pendrive). My system, I'am sure is free of virus, I update the virus database daily, had no problem with them for almost two years. Hey but, of course in the toddlers stages of handling the PC and the Internet, I had many.

I work in an Account section of a Govt. undertaking, we have LAN connectivity of 28 PC running WinXp Pro and Windows as server. There is also a wireless Internet facililty; its a seperate infrasturce provided by a seperate agency and has different set feature of antivirus and firewall (To be specific Trend Micro).

I am afraid whether its only in my pendrvie files or the entire system. Fact of the matter is, yes I did plug in my PC to the PC of our Head Office Accounts Systems ( 2KM distance away and it has no LAN connection with us either way) today to reconcile our figures. And, I took a file exported as Excel spreadsheet from an Access data base.

Can any kind soul advice me whether, I should throw away the infected files in my Pendrive or could it be healed. Taking another copy would be cumbersome for me, for the PC from were I took the files runs under Win98 34RAM 5GB HDD and it took ages for me to transfer a file size of about 5MB to a Floopy. Most of all I don't know whether I'am the source or the other way round.

Also is there any chances of corruption of data at source due to this virus?

The financial year is coming to and end, I've to reconcile the figures, 'am afraid and insecure running and working with an infected file. Please consider my condition in whatever way you all may think.

I googled the net, found Sophos (SAV32CLI), never came across it. Its instruction is little and confusing. Example, the instruction says to extract the content,but the file is an execuble one.

Thanks in advance

abhijangda

Padawan
Kushagra is right you should try anything else rather than avg. As it always remain backward i.e. I have also tried avg but it didn't repair the small virus like funlove.corrupt.p but it quarantine same is the case of avira. One more thing when I visitd grisoft.com to download avg(In the end of january), I founded that at that day company detected download.tibs ( acc. to company) which was detected by quick heal company cat computer one month ago. So use av like quick heal, norton etc. I will recommend quick heal. It depends on the virus whether it will harm or not your file. But didn't scan with avg, avira and avast as they will delete the file. Use the av above mentioned. Use winrar to extract the file.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Backdoor.VB.iq is one of Backdoor spywares. This is highly dangerous trojan which may make computer lose data.

This is not a Virus, but a Trojan. AVG is not effective in Trojan removal.
I would suggest Antispyware software for its removal. AntiSpyware softwares are highly effective for removal of Trojans and Spywares.

Kill process backdoor.vb.iq.exe

Download Spysweeper and use it for removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom