VB 6 CONECTIVITY QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegeta_killer

Broken In
hi there forks,
i m using VB6 and officexp(2000) but i m unable to build a conection string via adodc and data control box neither by properties nor by coding
for any access data base, but it makes with biblio.mbd and other access file present in vb98 folder.Access show these files of older version,

could any one help me out with it or give me a link to any patch or fix for this problem.

in short i want to establish a conection between VB6 and access 2000.

OP
V

vegeta_killer

Broken In
what i m trying to do is...............conect my project with a access file but the problem is that i got officeXP and it seem to me that VB is unable to connect to it, on the other hand it got easily connected with office97.
i had allready tryed adodc control and data box control but both the times it gives me error that it is unable to connect to source,
i had allready tried instaling officeXPor office2000 on other machines with VB but the same problem persists.

how can i conect vb6 with access 2000.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
try the microsoft.oledb.jet.4.0 as the provider for the connection.....it is sumthin like this....actually i work in VB.NET and connect my access2000 using this provider.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Give me 2-3 days. I will try to paste code here. I m too busy at present. Or try dao as dheeraj suggests

OP
V

vegeta_killer

Broken In
thanx a lot bizzar~ that actualy worked

hey guys i m still not able to do it with dao control trying to download service packs from msdn for that

OP
V

vegeta_killer

Broken In
hey guys could you please tell me is there any advantage of connecting VB with any data source through coding rather then using it's conection links like adodc and dao control box

tuxfan

Technomancer
Code gives you tremendous flexibility. sms_solver is pretty right. Control boxes are for beginners. Don't use them for long if you are even a bit serious about VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom