Vanishing Networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Is it a virus or what but now every time start my system my "Connect To" optionis removed from Start Menu and my active connection that is "BSNL" is hidden all by itself and have to manually select show hidden files and folders option from Folder options and then connect to the the internet. I know this is being done by some malicious script the same way as some of my friends system's Folder Options is deleted. How to find this script or prevent this from happening again? Pleeeaaasseee Help!!! :(

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
This is effect of virus which has tamper your registry settings & took control over your system as "Administrator". This common problem described herein digit forum & can be found anywhere with search option. Generally commands like "Regedit", "msconfig", "Tools->folderoption" & blabla are disabled by this kind of trojan.

You sud use antivirus like KAV or NOD32 with well updated virus signatures to prevent for future problems & also take care while inserting mass storage device or handhel device.

Also, delete anturun.inf which are located in your every drives in hidden attritibute. Before doing this boot your OS into safe mode & run full system scan....it will work smoothly.

Vivek788

In the zone
Hey...in my fresh install of xp..I configured bsnl connection using username and password.After some install..I rebooted..and voila..the connection is missing from menu.Also for new connection,the option to Connect using username and password is disabled.I also have problems of being told that I don't have enough rights to perform certain activities.I ran a full system scan with McAfee Enterprise Edition.So I can't access internet from Windows now..so I came to Linux to find solutions.
If it is a virus as u say...then how come it affected my fresh install?Scan revealed some of my security softwares(hacking) that have been always detected as Trojan.And this time I even allowed it to be deleted.What is a work around for me now?

Vivek788

In the zone
I did full format...I am expecting a reply here...then only there is any for me to go to windows

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Is your windows original? if its not, is your windows a virus-ed copy? did you download an ISO off net? chances are it may be a fake windows which is virused and keylogged(sometimes)

Vivek788

In the zone
It is not original,but I had used it previously many times without ever having such issues.Now,the only problems seem to be inability to connect to the net and if I try to kill some processes from the task manager I am denied access.My cd uses a peculiar serial key as well..not many use it.Anyway,I don't want to re-install soon...too much of that recently...all the s/w installation and configuration is exhausting...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
If you did a full format, one of the applications you installed after windows, might have a virus. How about a clean install, then download the latest AV, run it on all drives, and then install the software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom