Utorrent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
I am ususally not getting high speeds in torrents.. tried wit all torrents.. the good speed wont come!.. im on 256 connection and then u torrent has that yellow exclamation mark on the bottom status bas!.. wen i click it and see it the port is being forwaded properly, and i get [FONT=verdana,arial]
Error! Port 36299 does not appear to be open.

what to do now?.. im on MTNL 256 and hav a tkd modem..

please help
[/FONT]

goobimama

 Macboy
Have you tried torrents from private trackers? Most of the torrents on public sites such as mininova and piratebay are all of the same tracker, so the speed would be the same whether you download from one site or another. I get like 7kB/s when downloading from these public one's, but when I go through a private tracker (one where uploading really matters), the speeds are amazingly fast.

Is that port you are talking about the "Listening Port"? If it is the same as the one in Settings > Connections > Listening Port, then I don't think it should be the one affecting your torrent speeds. I could be wrong though..

Try another torrent client like Azureus (which might be a memory hog), or bitcomet..

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Torrent speeds mainly depends on the No of Seeders:No of Leechers and i think u shud chk *www.portforward.com for a solution 2 ur problem;)

OP
R

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hmm,,, well.. from desi torrents im getting speeds of 2 kbps.. no of seeders is lot more than leecherz.. and.. yea. how to clarify the prob frm port finder!..hmm.. cant get a thing der:confused:..

well.. now it was... "a firewall/router is limiting ur trafic..you need to open up a port so tht oderz can help you!"... hmm.. wt to do!.. i dun have a antivirus.. nor a firewal!.. :confused::confused::confused:

buddy!.. now.. im on u torrent and have movies downloaded which are 60% or 70% is progres!./.. can i still use azureues widem?

Last edited:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
readermaniax said:
hmm!.. i dun have the torrent files!

Search for them if ur OS is installed in default C drive by going through
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\uTorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom