Utorrent falsely identified as trojan horse by Avast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
In the recent news from torrentfreak.com, they have reported that utorrent one of the very popular bittorrent client has been identified as trojan horse...
The fault was later rectified by Avast!...
Millions of users where pushed to in a state were they have to delete utorrent...

Good news is that beta version of the utorrent is not affected by the way...

Source torrentfreak.com

Since i am on gprs i cant post the link and the actual article...
Can Anyone post it...thanks...

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
*torrentfreak.com/images/utorrent-trojan.jpg

L:DL Noob Coders ...!!!

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
What is there to lol? I dont get you...

BETA VERSION MEANS IT IS STILL IN "BUILDING STAGE"..........HE HAS A LONG WAY TO BECOME A VIRUS............AS HE PASSES THE WAY AND REACH TO "FINAL STAGE" THEN IT WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED AS A VIRUS........SO BEING IN BETA(BUILDING STAGE ) IT HAS BEEN REJECTED..:D :D :D

WAS IN A FUN MOOD.............JUST CAME HOME AFTER HAVING SOME GOOD TIME WITH FRIENDS.....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I am a Avast user from past 2 years.
No wonder, Avast has a habit of detecting Innocent Programs as Malware.

Most avast users are aware of this problem:)

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
though i hav been usin avast eversince i came to know abt viruses and anti viruses,i never got any of such crazy things. :lol:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
HAHAHAHA,
lol
Some ppl ACTUALLY USE avast
:D :razz:
Yeah, Its better using a Freeware like Avast than using Pirated copy.
Whenever possible i use original softwares
But now have i shifted to Nortan 360, which symantec Gifted me as regards to my contributions in its BETA testing program.

Still i barely use it, as most of time i am on Ubuntu Linux which does need any Anti-virus

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
BETA VERSION MEANS IT IS STILL IN "BUILDING STAGE"..........HE HAS A LONG WAY TO BECOME A VIRUS............AS HE PASSES THE WAY AND REACH TO "FINAL STAGE" THEN IT WILL ALSO BE ACCEPTED AS A VIRUS........SO BEING IN BETA(BUILDING STAGE ) IT HAS BEEN REJECTED..:D :D :D
:lol:

This is the main problem with all these Free AntiVirus softwares. AVG toh Avast ka bhi baap hai.....:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom